Adrian Peterson is a piece of shit

Orange

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

According to law-enforcement sources, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson beat his 4-year-old son with a tree branch as a form of punishment this summer, an incident that allegedly resulted in multiple injuries to the child. According to reports, Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County, Texas for injury to a child.

The “whooping†– as Peterson put it when interviewed by police – occurred in Spring, Texas, in May. Peterson’s son had pushed another one of Peterson’s children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch – which he consistently referred to as a “switch†– removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly.

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.â€

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh†and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!â€

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.â€

This, to me, is FAR more disgusting than Ray Rice's transgression.  An adult woman has a shot at defending herself.  A 4-year-old child has no shot.  He's a defenseless, innocent child, who is being attacked by a monster that would scare the shit out of me, a 6 foot grown man.  A week later, he still had scars on his legs, his bottom, and his scrotum.

AP should go to jail for 15 years, IMO.  However long it takes for this young boy to grow up and become an adult.  Child abuse devastates lives for generations.  Hell, even spanking leads disproportionately to depression, alcoholism, and more abuse.

Sorry, but this deserved its own thread, and I'm frankly AMAZED that people aren't twice as mad about this as they were about Ray Rice.

FUCK Adrian Peterson.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In no way should beating a child with a tree branch ever be condoned, but I can imagine a defense of this situation by AP himself will be that this is how he was raised. He probably sees nothing wrong with it, hard as it is to imagine.

I wonder, would the outrage be the same if the child was 12 instead of 4?

Orange is correct that the effects of child abuse live on for generations. At some point, however, it takes a stronger person than the shit bag who raised them to end the cycle. It defies expectations of a professional athlete to not be that strong, and he doesn't deserve to be one any longer, but if someone drops him I'll probably pick him up on waivers.

In no way should beating a child with a tree branch ever be condoned, but I can imagine a defense of this situation by AP himself will be that this is how he was raised. He probably sees nothing wrong with it, hard as it is to imagine.

I wonder, would the outrage be the same if the child was 12 instead of 4?

Orange is correct that the effects of child abuse live on for generations. At some point, however, it takes a stronger person than the shit bag who raised them to end the cycle. It defies expectations of a professional athlete to not be that strong, and he doesn't deserve to be one any longer, but if someone drops him I'll probably pick him up on waivers.[/quote

Mike Vick didn't see anything wrong with what he was doing either, and said he grew up around dog fighting.

I do support spanking but what AD did was go way overboard.  Hitting the poor kid in the nuts...that piece of trash should go to prison just like his dad did.

And the Vikings activated AD for this weekend's game against the Saints.

I was going to buy the NFL Rewind stuff this weekend but the Rice saga and now AD's child abuse case will put those plans on hold for now.

I'll put the NFL aside for awhile.

I do support spanking but what AD did was go way overboard.  Hitting the poor kid in the nuts...that piece of trash should go to prison just like his dad did.

And the Vikings activated AD for this weekend's game against the Saints.

I was going to buy the NFL Rewind stuff this weekend but the Rice saga and now AD's child abuse case will put those plans on hold for now.

I'll put the NFL aside for awhile.

I don't support spanking, either.  Pediatricians have proven time and time again that it's lazy parenting, and it disproportionately leads to depression, alcoholism, anxiety, etc.  

We need to evolve.  Parenting is hard work.  Spanking is a shortcut for lazy cowards.

Cue the "but I was spanked and I turned out fine" dreck from, let me guess, bruin70 and jalapeno, etc.

There is a line between discipline and abuse. This pretty clearly crossed that line.............

I have no issue with a swat or two. Some studies are showing however corporal punishment can be counter productive and just plain harmful

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/health/effects-spanking-brain/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"a swat or 2" isn't criminal.  Doesn't mean it's right.

What AP did is not in the same stratosphere.  Don't even know why this sparks a "spanking" debate.

Wow, me and Org agree.  If you are cutting the skin of a child with a weapon, its abuse.  Easy.

Now, should an employer wait for a criminal conviction before suspending without pay?  It would seem so.  The judicial system is established to determine guilt or innocence.  Do we really want employers empowered to do that on their own?  Nothing wrong with an employer putting a player on paid leave though.

Wow, me and Org agree.  If you are cutting the skin of a child with a weapon, its abuse.  Easy.

Now, should an employer wait for a criminal conviction before suspending without pay?  It would seem so.  The judicial system is established to determine guilt or innocence.  Do we really want employers empowered to do that on their own?  Nothing wrong with an employer putting a player on paid leave though.

Their is plenty of behavior that is repugnant but not criminal. I think employers have the right to have different standards than criminality especially when their revenues are potentially hurt by the employees behavior.

I don't support spanking, either. Pediatricians have proven time and time again that it's lazy parenting, and it disproportionately leads to depression, alcoholism, anxiety, etc.

We need to evolve. Parenting is hard work. Spanking is a shortcut for lazy cowards.

Cue the "but I was spanked and I turned out fine" dreck from, let me guess, bruin70 and jalapeno, etc.

Believe what you want..I'm still thankful for my parents spanking me. There are many cases of adults thanking their parents for doing that to them as well.

Hopefully your kids will say the same thing about you.

Edit: when the parents did the spanking, they never cut the skin at all.

PLaying in the NFL is a privilege, not a right

Employment in this country is AT WILL and employers can and do end employment for no reason all the time.

Or for reasons which impact their bottomline. All the time. Furloughs and layoffs.

This is no different and the team and NFL have every right to  sanction their employees without a court finding.

They just don't have the balls to do it and are whimping out. That's bullshit................

Wow, me and Org agree. If you are cutting the skin of a child with a weapon, its abuse. Easy.

Now, should an employer wait for a criminal conviction before suspending without pay? It would seem so. The judicial system is established to determine guilt or innocence. Do we really want employers empowered to do that on their own? Nothing wrong with an employer putting a player on paid leave though.

I do agree with you and org...you cut the skin, it's abuse. Spanking can be done effectively without cutting the skin.

Archived