RIP Rashaan Salaam

PAC MAN

The movie Concussion comes to mind.. Did he have any issues with concussions?

That sucks either way..

I had the same exact thought. Stories were he was dealing with depression/substance abuse. Not sure if it is linked or not but you have to wonder.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/06/rashaan-salaam-dead-heisman-trophy-winner-university-of-colorado/95054912/

"He had a happy heart," former Colorado coach Bill McCartney said in a statement on the CU athletics website. "I loved being around him. He didn't take himself too seriously, and he always credited those around him, especially his offensive line. What I liked about him is that he had a sparkle in his eye. He was upbeat and positive."

This really puts a much-needed spotlight on depression and mental health.  Some of the seemingly happiest people are battling the darkest demons and it's far more prevalent than you think.  Never resist the impulse to reach out to a friend.

Interesting. CTE popped into my head yesterday. I don't have any basis for it, besides trends. He didn't have a real long NFL career, which would make the Badell even more nervous....

Archived