What was the sports world like back on January 20th 2009?

ExplorerSunDevil

President Obama is about to leave office, so let me remind you all of what some realities sports where back then on January 20th 2009

USC was still a top 5 football program coming off 3 straight rose bowl wins

UCLA was still a top 5 basketball program coming off 3 consecutive final fours

Both Chicago baseball teams had just followed up GREAT regular seasons with underwhelming Division Series exits thus sending Chicago into a moody depression that would last about 3 years

The Cardinals were in day 2 of their super bowl prep

North Carolina had the undisputed #1 team in college basketball, maybe the last time we've ever had that in college basketball. As of 2017, In my opinion, I still have not seen a team that was as deep or as dominant as that 08-09 Carolina team was. But then again, maybe im being unfair to Kentucky 2012 or Louisville 2013? No bias here either, because im not a UNC fan.

American television still broadcasted through fuzzy analog, which I kind of miss watching. Do any of you remember watching analog TV? Always felt more real to me that watching digital tv.

Anyways, thats all Im going to post on this, because I know that there is more, but I don't want to hog the spotlight from everyone else!  :D

Reminisce!

President Obama is about to leave office, so let me remind you all of what some realities sports where back then on January 20th 2009

Both Chicago baseball teams had just followed up GREAT regular seasons with underwhelming Division Series exits thus sending Chicago into a moody depression that would last about 3 years

North Carolina had the undisputed #1 team in college basketball, maybe the last time we've ever had that in college basketball. As of 2017, In my opinion, I still have not seen a team that was as deep or as dominant as that 08-09 Carolina team was. But then again, maybe im being unfair to Kentucky 2012 or Louisville 2013? No bias here either, because im not a UNC fan.

American television still broadcasted through fuzzy analog, which I kind of miss watching. Do any of you remember watching analog TV? Always felt more real to me that watching digital tv.

Anyways, thats all Im going to post on this, because I know that there is more, but I don't want to hog the spotlight from everyone else!  :D

Reminisce!

the disappointing thing about that carolina team was that they had the easiest path through the tourney of all time. i know that's not their fault... you play who you play... but it would have been interesting to see how history remembered, say, karl anthony-towns' 2014 kentucky team if they never had to play anyone lower than a 7 seed.

we played that carolina team in maui. they were exceptional. 

Reminisce!

Fuzzy analog?  Kid, you're not of age unless you can tell me what UHF and VHF are.  And if you didn't need pliers at one point to turn the channel.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to kick some kids off my lawn and share a racist article on facebook.

Archived