The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Orange said:

Did you get a flu shot this year?  

Though I've heard some years they're only like 20% effective.

Yes I did. And if it's preventing me from feeling even worse I would hate the alternative.

This is 2 years in a row where it's just flattened me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 9:44 AM, Orange said:

Hope you're better now...

So do I

Dr sent me home with more steroids, antibiotics and a nebulizer this morning. And no work today or tomorrow. Hopefully this obnoxious cough will be gone after.

Thank you for your thoughts. :)

This is the sickest I've been in 20 years (back when I had to have a needle injected into the back of my throat - twice - to drain fluid from an infected tonsil).  Sore throat, constant fatigue, body aches, sinus issues that won't quit.  

It's a fucking nightmare.  I had fever dreams - -literal fever dreams -- that I would die from this.  Holy shit.  Don't get sick this winter, folks.  Stay at home.

First case of the China coronavirus reported in the US in Seattle.  Be on the watchout for that.  I'm concerned for my grandparents who live in the Boise area.  Grandmother has dementia and might have taken a turn for the worse recently.  Grandfather is 88 and grandmother is 84.  Celebrated their 65th anniversary.  Couples who have been together around that long die not long from each other.

35 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

First case of the China coronavirus reported in the US in Seattle.  Be on the watchout for that.  I'm concerned for my grandparents who live in the Boise area.  Grandmother has dementia and might have taken a turn for the worse recently.  Grandfather is 88 and grandmother is 84.  Celebrated their 65th anniversary.  Couples who have been together around that long die not long from each other.

So....you think coronavirus gave your grandmother dementia?

On 1/21/2020 at 9:32 AM, Orange said:

This is the sickest I've been in 20 years (back when I had to have a needle injected into the back of my throat - twice - to drain fluid from an infected tonsil).  Sore throat, constant fatigue, body aches, sinus issues that won't quit.  

It's a fucking nightmare.  I had fever dreams - -literal fever dreams -- that I would die from this.  Holy shit.  Don't get sick this winter, folks.  Stay at home.

That sucks.  I’ve been flying, and see people on each flight with masks on.  I REALLY go out of my way to avoid them.  

Archived