The Flu

mysfit

read a little more ... not the same thing.  

For 1) Obama wasn't trying to quickly rebuild CDC infrastructure on pandemic response that he had just gutted.

2) Obama's ebola head was solely focused on the response to the disease -- he didn't have other duties, like being vice president.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/27/coronavirus-what-we-know-mike-pence-and-task-force/4891905002/

3)  Obama's administration treated it as a health crisis, not primarily as an economic & re-election threat.

4)  #BothSides doesn't mean what you think it does.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

read a little more ... not the same thing.  

For 1) Obama wasn't trying to quickly rebuild CDC infrastructure on pandemic response that he had just gutted.

2) Obama's ebola head was solely focused on the response to the disease -- he didn't have other duties, like being vice president.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/27/coronavirus-what-we-know-mike-pence-and-task-force/4891905002/

3)  Obama's administration treated it as a health crisis, not primarily as an economic & re-election threat.

4)  #BothSides doesn't mean what you think it does.

1) What part of the Center on Disease Control do you not understand?  The agency itself is responsible to respond to events like this.  No need for overlaps and having overlap can lead to confusion and a disjointed response which could endanger lives.

2) It's obvious you have never worked in the government before.  With my position, there are at least six to seven people over me before I get to Trump.  If I had something urgent for Trump, would I have the confidence that my message would reach Trump as fast as possible?  I say NO WAY!  Pence has Trump's ear.  If Obama was still the POTUS, he would have been smart to tap Biden for that move with this outbreak because it was far more serious than the Ebola outbreak at the time.

3) COVID-19 is a threat to the world's economy no ifs or buts about it.  Politics is always going to be involved in events like this outbreak.  The bloodsucking vampires of the DC Beltway would not want to do anything else.

4) I don't think you understand #BothSides either...not after you said you were an independent even if your talk has exposed you more of a left winger than a centrist.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

No worries we have other countries saying the same things that our health experts are saying and that is to wash your hands and not touch your nose, ears, and mouth.  Buy a big bottle of sanitize if necessary.  Trump can limit all he wants but we have information from other countries who have similar advanced health care systems as us.

You're not understanding the gravity of the problem.  When a U.S. president is being less-than-forthcoming to the American public because he fears the political consequences, it can kill people.  Luckily, because this virus tends to target older males, it'll be mostly his supporters who die.

Trump says it likely will be quelled by April.  It won't:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cdc-contradicts-trump-on-duration-of-coronavirus-saying-it-will-not-miraculously-disappear-by-april

He's also muzzling experts:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-biden-trump-coronavirus-20200228-nh7dkpco4ve2vlgxm4t2fid2c4-story.html

Of course, none of us could foresee that this president would forsake the country's interests in favor of his own.  He's never done that before.

iron man eye roll GIF

22 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

1) What part of the Center on Disease Control do you not understand?  The agency itself is responsible to respond to events like this.  No need for overlaps and having overlap can lead to confusion and a disjointed response which could endanger lives.

What the fuck??  

And it's Centers for Disease Control, you idiot.

2) It's obvious you have never worked in the government before.  With my position, there are at least six to seven people over me before I get to Trump.  If I had something urgent for Trump, would I have the confidence that my message would reach Trump as fast as possible?  I say NO WAY!  Pence has Trump's ear.  If Obama was still the POTUS, he would have been smart to tap Biden for that move with this outbreak because it was far more serious than the Ebola outbreak at the time.

Oh holy fucking shit.

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

3) COVID-19 is a threat to the world's economy no ifs or buts about it.  Politics is always going to be involved in events like this outbreak.  The bloodsucking vampires of the DC Beltway would not want to do anything else.

Yet you just said, moments ago, "iT'S nOt poLitIcAL."

4) I don't think you understand #BothSides either...not after you said you were an independent even if your talk has exposed you more of a left winger than a centrist.

He's left-leaning because he wants a competent U.S. response to a public health threat?

Do you ever know what the fuck you're talking about?  

24 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

So here you are both arguing for inter-agency coordination and not.

26 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

3) COVID-19 is a threat to the world's economy no ifs or buts about it.

read what I said.   From the beginning, everyone in this administration has viewed it primarily as a economic issue.  This is drastically different from the health-centric response to SARS, MERS and Ebola.

29 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Well, at least you admit that you don't understand #BothSides ... in addition to not understanding that an independent and a centrist are two different things.

This is a handy webpage to chart the growth of the pandemic:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

So far, all deaths have been confined to mainland China, Japan, Philippines, France, Italy, South Korea, Taiwan, and Iran.

With the onset of cases in Brazil, all continents save for Antarctica have been affected.

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

This is pretty scary. Knowing you are in a semi serious role in the government. Clearly the screening process is broken or doesn't exist.

24 minutes ago, utenation said:

This is pretty scary. Knowing you are in a semi serious role in the government. Clearly the screening process is broken or doesn't exist.

LMAO...just give it up...I guess you have no issue with jumping over your supervisor at work.  

Only once in my 14 years I have been able to ask a question to a cabinet member and it was an off topic one at that.  I don't expect to be able to get the attention of a cabinet member like that again in my lifetime.

3 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

So here you are both arguing for inter-agency coordination and not.

Nope.  I work for the government and understand the structure and everything.  You do not.

And I never brought up inter agency coordination.  The truth is that if there are more agencies involved, there is bound to be a delay and I deal with this every day.  You do not.

So who is the most qualified to speak on this topic?  Not you for sure and I can certainly speak on that.  If you don't like what I'm saying...TOO BAD!

3 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

read what I said.   From the beginning, everyone in this administration has viewed it primarily as a economic issue.  This is drastically different from the health-centric response to SARS, MERS and Ebola.

The administration is free to do that and was elected on that platform.  The government agencies will do the work that the public does not see.

57 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

LMAO...just give it up...I guess you have no issue with jumping over your supervisor at work.  

Only once in my 14 years I have been able to ask a question to a cabinet member and it was an off topic one at that.  I don't expect to be able to get the attention of a cabinet member like that again in my lifetime.

It's scary that you have any control over other people at all.  Even one person.

57 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

And I never brought up inter agency coordination.  

...(prior to that)

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Also, lol

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

prior to that...

5 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

So sad people will politicize things like this outbreak.  Politics shouldn't matter in this case.

Not only do you not read what anyone else says, you don't read your own shit.

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

You miss the point. I’m a tax payer that helps pay your wages. The thought of you making potentially crucial decisions for our government on my dime makes me shit my pants.  This has nothing to do with supervisors or cabinet members. The fact that you missed the point by a mile again is where my fear comes from.

Archived