The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

And Cali is breaking its records for new cases in a 7 day period despite what measures have been taken as is Washington.  Until young adults wear masks beyond when they legally have to, we are fucked no matter what politicians do.

WA has a 300-case backlog from Yakima county (Waddaya know, another rural county where anti-maskers run amok) 

Do you think California is the only fucking state in the union?  You fucking idiot?

FL, TX, GA, MO, SC, AL, AZ and the White House STILL have politicians engaging in willful undermining of the right strategies to flatten the curve (again).   All people have to do is wear masks.  That’s it.  And it’s become political because of people almost exclusively in YOUR party.  This is not merely dumb millennials and Gen Z. This is political malpractice by republicans.  Full stop.  

Not to mention, we don't want more people out and about, in workplaces.  Did they fucking forget there's a contagious, potentially fatal virus going around?  Jesus fucking christ, I will NEVER understand how anyone votes republican.

yun4oruh8sc51.jpg?width=640&height=556&c

California, New York and New Jersey have about 20% of the nation’s population and 40% of the Covid 19 deaths.

California broke its record for most new daily Covid 19 cases this week.

California had 153 deaths yesterday, 5 fewer that it’s record 158 daily deaths set way back on Tuesday.

Most deaths by state?

Texas is #2 in population, Florida #3, Georgia #9

Hey, maybe next you could write a treatise on Chicago's gun violence, Hillary's emails and Benghazi's consulate death toll?

FL is fucking this up in seemingly IMPOSSIBLE ways, with 135 new deaths (almost as many as CA despite half the population)

Our school district is exploring offering an all-year “independent study” option which would keep your kid in a separate remote learning class all-year, even if the rest of the school starts to open back up.

the downside is that if you sign up for it, you'd be committing to it for the entire school year.

According to an email we received, they are currently surveying parents to see how many people would be interested in this.   I hope that enough people sign up that they can make it work for those kids and teachers that have serious health concerns.

On 7/25/2020 at 7:06 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Our school district is exploring offering an all-year “independent study” option which would keep your kid in a separate remote learning class all-year, even if the rest of the school starts to open back up.

the downside is that if you sign up for it, you'd be committing to it for the entire school year.

According to an email we received, they are currently surveying parents to see how many people would be interested in this.   I hope that enough people sign up that they can make it work for those kids and teachers that have serious health concerns.

Why would they bend a parent and kid over a barrel like that?  Christ, make it flexible as conditions change.

10 hours ago, Orange said:

Why would they bend a parent and kid over a barrel like that?  Christ, make it flexible as conditions change.

Our district has made it semester long commitments.  The reasoning is teachers will be reassigned from schools to the online option, so they need the numbers to stay, otherwise there would be insufficient teachers in regular schools if a mass of students exited online.

Yeah, they need to be able to plan and allocate their resources & can’t have people jumping between programs like Tate Martell.

If you want to go back to school when things open up, just pick the mainstream option.  This choice is for the most conservative parents & the most immuno-compromised kids/teachers.

i don’t think it will be that popular, but it would be great if they could field one class of kids in each grade.

the bonus is that the more kids that sign up for this, the easier it will be to social distance the classroom desks If/when things do open up.

A parent survey from a few weeks back showed about 20-25% of parents either planned or were strongly considering an all on-line option.  But once it come's to actually having to take action to make that happen I'm sure the final on-line numbers will be significantly lower.

Same -- in our first survey, the question was something like, "would you be interested in hearing more about an all-online independent study option?" with no more detail than that.

40% yes.

The second survey detailed it & was due today.  I expect the numbers to plummet.

(My wife & I initially voted yes, and then voted no)

If I had a 7th grader and a 9th grader, that'd probably be a decent option.

I have a 2nd grader and 5th grader.  Online learning is just a non-starter for them.  Especially the younger one.  He may as well do no school at all.

36 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

For obvious reasons, so is homeschooling.

Did you and your dead wife ever have kids?

Didn't think so.  Maybe remind yourself to shut the fuck up whenever you have even the slightest opinion about parenting.  Because you know dick-shit, you fat fuck.

Archived