The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Orange said:

Do you......do you think Trump directly handles the mail at the post office?

Technically he's the boss of the postmaster who is the boss of the USPS and I also happen to know that those USPS workers took the same oath to uphold the US Constitution and would work outside of their working hours if necessary on election night.  My superiors would not be opposed to me working outside of my scheduled hours in a situation like that and I imagine many USPS superiors are the same way.  Ditto for the state government workers who would be handling those ballots.

If you polled government workers, I wouldn't be shocked if at least 90 percent wants Trump out.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:34 PM, Jalapeno said:

Technically he's the boss of the postmaster who is the boss of the USPS and I also happen to know that those USPS workers took the same oath to uphold the US Constitution and would work outside of their working hours if necessary on election night.  My superiors would not be opposed to me working outside of my scheduled hours in a situation like that and I imagine many USPS superiors are the same way.  Ditto for the state government workers who would be handling those ballots.

If you polled government workers, I wouldn't be shocked if at least 90 percent wants Trump out.

It is illegal for them to work overtime without being paid.  And the USPS has already banned overtime, by order of the Postmaster General, an avid trump supporter, donor, and a man with connections to USPS competitors.

This shit ain't complicated.  Conflicts of interest in this federal government have become the norm, not the exception.  After Trump and the GOP are out, we need to beef up anti-conflict laws so that future executives can't trample on norms.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

It is illegal for them to work overtime without being paid.  And the USPS has already banned overtime, by order of the Postmaster General, an avid trump supporter, donor, and a man with connections to USPS competitors.

This shit ain't complicated.  Conflicts of interest in this federal government have become the norm, not the exception.  After Trump and the GOP are out, we need to beef up anti-conflict laws so that future executives can't trample on norms.

That same postmaster said this morning he will not put those sorting machines back in.

Let's not forget those unconfirmed appointees by Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/revved-sturgis-rally-covid-19-213046950.html

From the city of Sturgis, which is conducting mass testing for its roughly 7,000 residents, to health departments in at least six states, health officials are trying to track outbreaks from the 10-day rally which ended on Aug. 16. They face the task of tracking an invisible virus that spread among bar-hoppers and rallygoers, who then traveled to over half of the counties in the United States.

An analysis of anonymous cell phone data from Camber Systems, a firm that aggregates cell phone activity for health researchers, found that 61% of all the counties in the U.S. have been visited by someone who attended Sturgis, creating a travel hub that was comparable to a major U.S. city.

“We’re expecting that we’re going to see many more cases associated with Sturgis,” Kris Ehresmann, infectious disease director at the Minnesota Department of Health, said on Friday when announcing the first 15 rally cases in her state. “Thousands of people attended that event, and so it’s very likely that we’ll see more transmission. Obviously, it takes a while for people to develop symptoms and get tested and for us to get those results.”

3 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

“We’re expecting that we’re going to see many more cases associated with Sturgis,” Kris Ehresmann, infectious disease director at the Minnesota Department of Health, said on Friday when announcing the first 15 rally cases in her state. “Thousands of people attended that event, and so it’s very likely that we’ll see more transmission. Obviously, it takes a while for people to develop symptoms and get tested and for us to get those results.”

"aLl tHe viRuS sPrEaD iS fRom tHeSe daMn mIlLennIaLs" - @KUGRDON

My kid's school will probably open for in-person learning in 3 weeks.

I'm simultaneously stoked and frightened.  

non-parents have NO CLUE what it's like to work from home and also homeschool.  No, this fall has not been any easier than the spring.

Archived