The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Ours could potentially open in two weeks.   They've sent a survey to parents to gauge their position.

Panic Omg GIF

The whole online learning thing is utter bullshit.  The kids can't stay on task.  The fucking apps are endless, and annoying.  "Please log into clever/seesaw/lexia/canvas/cycle/peabrain/whatever-the-fuck-amorphous-tech-covid-vulture company we hired for your kid this week, and make sure you use one of the 14 passwords we expect your 8-year-old to remember without your help!......haha, just kidding, fuck your career, because you're a volunteer teacher now!  Tell your clients to fuck off, and go walk your child through this horrific App forest until they you're both enraged!"

Shit just got real with the school.

They haven’t announced when/if they will go back in-person

But they are asking for people to declare whether they want to opt for the all-online schedule for the whole year.

We also visit our four 80+ parents every week so this decision impacts more than our kid.

🤷🏻‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Shit just got real with the school.

They haven’t announced when/if they will go back in-person

But they are asking for people to declare whether they want to opt for the all-online schedule for the whole year.

We also visit our four 80+ parents every week so this decision impacts more than our kid.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe don't do that?

People who say trump doesn't have a covid strategy are wrong.

The president WANTS COVID to spread throughout the population.

That's his strategy. 

How is this not treason?  It's literally providing aid and comfort to the enemy (the virus).  Why wouldn't the virus love to have all those cozy, fat hosts? 

My kid just went back to school for the first time in almost 7 months.  2nd grade  I wasn't allowed to get out of the car.  I couldn't do that typical, ceremonial first-day-of-school photo.  We recently moved, so this is a brand new school, new teachers, new kids, completely foreign building that not even I have ever been inside of.  

This is the reality my kid is faced with, because cult-members support a president whose only plan for dealing with this virus is "herd mentality."

I cannot even express in words how furious this makes me.   

And I can't fathom how angry the loved ones of COVID victims who had to let their parents/grandparents die alone in a hospital must be.

This is so fucked.  The fact that this motherfucker isn't losing by 40 percentage points makes me want to begin the immigration process to Canada.

Archived