The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we have the Fall wave underway.  Maybe with Nick Saban contracting COVID-19 despite wearing his mask, maybe the southerners will take this coronavirus much more seriously.  Maybe not since Saban will get top of the line care...probably better than what the governor of Alabama would get.

• 2 weeks later...

My kid’s 4th grade class is in a pilot/trial program for the next month that they’re calling ROOMERS & ZOOMERS.

The teacher volunteered to have 5 kids in the classroom while she teaches the other 17 over zoom simultaneously in the same schedule they’ve been doing since August.

11 families opted to be in the Roomer pool, 11 of us in the permanent Zoomer group.

they are hoping to learn stuff before launching on a larger scale in January.

[photo used with permission]

30794846-D3D0-4325-88C7-DAC8C77A4DEC.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Healthcare workers will be getting those vaccinations first along with the well off (can't complain if that means we watch sports to keep the masses calm), before everyone else does.

I'm still under the impression that you need two doses which means we would have to produce about 20 billion (gotta have extras for the incoming as well) does, manufacture refrigerated trucks, build roads, etc.  It's going to be a big job and I'm not expecting any change for 2021.

1 hour ago, CRBuff said:

Still early, but some promising news from Pfizer.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/health/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-effective/index.html

Good news, but it doesn't mean a vaccine is imminent.  

Unless you're a front-line health worker, essential day-to-day worker, and an at-risk elderly person, you're not likely to see a vaccine until a year from now, I'd wager.

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

Good news, but it doesn't mean a vaccine is imminent.  

Unless you're a front-line health worker, essential day-to-day worker, and an at-risk elderly person, you're not likely to see a vaccine until a year from now, I'd wager.

Oh I don’t disagree.  Just the first step to give a little hope. 

Archived