The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

PRetty good other than the struggling to breath when walking. Most of the other symptoms are gone, just fatigue and the shortness of breath. Have the Oxygen at home. My hospital I was in is building wards for strictly COVID. When I was admitted on Tuesday, they had 96 COVID patients currently. Yesterday, four, including me, were set to be discharged, but they were up to 104 for the day. All 16 ICU rooms were full with COVID patients. About 2/3'rds of the nurses/staff have already had COVID and none of them had the asymptomatic variety of it either. Most said it took about 12 days to run through the symptoms. I mostly just feel beat up right now. Eating as much as I can. Trying to take vitamins as needed, but they aren't sitting well in my stomach either. They did give me some anti-nausea meds as well as a steroid to help fight inflammation on my lungs. It's crazy that I've gone through all of this, while my wife, also positive, doesnt have any symptons. My two year old had a fever for 24 hours and probably also has it, but the kids just don't react the same way either. Very resilient I guess. My sister, BIL, and their kids most likely caught it from us over the break, including the 11 month old baby. Parents were negative, so is my SIL. My brother hasn't gotten his results back, but his wife had more symptoms than he did, she he probably doesn't have it. My brother and his wife are extra careful with masks, so that doesn't surprise me. My mom goes to great lengths to not wear a mask if she can't, so that did surprise me. It's just all surreal right now, but we've definitely moved into the "mask at all times" category. I just hope I'm not like Saban and going to test positive twice over 7 weeks.

Shit, man.  Sounds like a bummer, but I'm relieved to hear you're well enough to be discharged.  Rest up.

The scary thing about this virus is definitely the unpredictability.  

10 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

On another note, I just received word that one of my 8th grade students just lost her dad to COVID. She even emailed the teachers later that night to let us know she wouldn't be in class today. Ugh.

That is heartbreaking. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My best friend's grandfather died yesterday, just two days after getting the second vaccine shot.  

They determined he was positive for COVID.  He was 96, but who knows.  The point is, don't go back to normal life just because you're vaccinated.

• 1 month later...

Archived