The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had both my Pfizer vax.

Between masks and limiting contact I didn't have the flu or even a cold this past winter. I love my mask. Don't leave home without it ;)

My current *this really sucks* kick is herniated disks. And bilateral stenosis. Anyone have any recent experience with open back surgery? I'm scheduled in 2 weeks and not real thrilled with an overnite stay, wondering about recovery time. Also if you had any numbness (foot, leg), I'm hearing that is probably permanent.

Got Pfizer #2 yesterday and very little side effects...almost none at all.  Going to keep wearing my mask in stores for about two more weeks and then I will just leave the mask in my pocket to get out if needed.  By the end of next month, I could be using mass transit again and they are saying that the mask mandate for mass transit here in Denver could be gone around September.

Next few weeks are going to be critical when it comes to hospitalizations & deaths due to COVID-19.  If there's no surge in hospitalizations & deaths during that time, Biden could very well say that we have conquered the coronavirus during the 4th of July time period.  California is re-opening in just under three weeks and I think Colorado will follow shortly after unless that happens before June 15th.

My side-effects didn't hit til probably 24 hours after the 2nd shot.  But it was totally manageable, and gone within 12 hours of that.

The vaccine efforts have really turned the corner.  I think we'll hit 80% by September and be more or less back to normal, with masks being required in hospitals for some time after that.

My concern is the variants from India and Brazil and other places, where the virus is still spreading like wildfire, coming in to America and being a different form that our immunity doesn't recognize.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 10:01 AM, KUGRDON said:

Going into overtime?

Tell your stupid fucking republican friends to get vaccinated for crissakes.  Or at least let us round them up and put them in their own crazy lifeboat.

• 3 weeks later...

Love it.  NFL, and all other sports/entertainment venues should require the same of players and attendees, retail businesses, libraries, government offices, workplaces should require the same of employees and customers.  Nobody has to get vaccinated, but you can’t do shit if you’re not.  Self-interest rules America so use it.

I’m masking up again.  Very little chance of getting deathly ill, but vacinnated  can still get it and, more importantly, transmit it.

Blame your party for their opposition to vaccine passports. 

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=5859

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Mike Braun (R-Ind.), and Cynthia Lummis (R-Wyo.) today introduced legislation to stop the federal government from establishing COVID-19 passports or working with third parties to establish their own vaccine passports, such as airlines or other global entities. This bill imposes a five-year prohibition on any government vaccine mandate for vaccines first authorized by the FDA through an Emergency Use Authorization. The 'No Vaccine Passports Act' also prohibits the federal government from maintaining a national vaccine database. As millions of Americans receive the COVID-19 vaccine, Texas and 11 other states have already passed legislation preventing statewide vaccine passport mandates.

Archived