Iran

Scscsc89

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/9/2020 at 7:30 PM, Jalapeno said:

The media has lost it...being angry over the assassination of a terrorist leader.  Iran is the A-Team when it comes to global terrorism and this could be a big blow to Iran and terrorism in general.

Past US presidents had the chance to take him out but smartly refrained because we haven’t achieved the energy independence that we have today.  Saw some reports that next year we will be oil independent as well...big impact on geopolitics.  We will be able to pull off similar stunts in the future regardless of who is POTUS.

Left wingers are just ticked...they just want the points/achievements.  Pretty lame and right wingers were just as lame in the past.

Let me guess. You got all this from Fox News?

image.jpeg.f090328f744b0411873ef619048b42e5.jpeg

On 1/10/2020 at 9:16 AM, Orange said:

So essentially you're saying that any "opposition party" in the U.S. would be traitors, and therefore the constitution should be ignored?

Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the U.S. Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the power to declare war, in the following wording:

[The Congress shall have Power ...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water ...

I’m not sure Jalapeño will understand your post. I don’t think he even knows a legislative branch exists for specific reasons. 

23 hours ago, utenation said:

Let me guess. You got all this from Fox News?

image.jpeg.f090328f744b0411873ef619048b42e5.jpeg

Nope.

Trump is riding on the coattails of W's decision to drill more baby.  It was only a matter of time before those efforts are bearing fruit and it is happening under Trump and the next couple of presidents after Trump at least.  That is why Trump and those future presidents can pull stunts like what happened with Iran and not affect us at all because we are going to be free of that Middle Eastern oil.  Might be time for us to get out of the Middle East soon.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:47 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Also, Bin Laden wasn’t an official of a sovereign nation.

Soleimani was an official of a nation backed terrorist organization.

The libs need to give up on this because a future Dem POTUS would be able to do similar things.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Soleimani was an official of a nation backed terrorist organization.

The libs need to give up on this because a future Dem POTUS would be able to do similar things.

Are you not reading clearly?  Obama consulted Congress.  Their intelligence committees were in the loop.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Are you not reading clearly?  Obama consulted Congress.  Their intelligence committees were in the loop.

Given how the libs reacted to that hit, not consulting with Congress might have been the best move but I agree it is bad optics for Trump.  I sure hope Trump does consult when he decides it's time to take out Iran's Supreme Leader.

40 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Given how the libs reacted to that hit, not consulting with Congress might have been the best move but I agree it is bad optics for Trump.  I sure hope Trump does consult when he decides it's time to take out Iran's Supreme Leader.

He has to, that is the point.  The war powers act is really being stretched to justify this action (even if you think it was a good thing).  Even republicans are pushing back here, that should tell us something.

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

To think like this in the first place, you have to be a War Mongering Republican.. Not everything needs to have a Hellfire Missile attached to it to solve problems..  I seriously think you need to study the constitution a little closer... And learn the difference between a democracy and dictatorship.

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Nope.

Trump is riding on the coattails of W's decision to drill more baby.  It was only a matter of time before those efforts are bearing fruit and it is happening under Trump and the next couple of presidents after Trump at least.  That is why Trump and those future presidents can pull stunts like what happened with Iran and not affect us at all because we are going to be free of that Middle Eastern oil.  Might be time for us to get out of the Middle East soon.

Image result for pied piper trump cartoons

Too bad you guys can't think for yourselves.. Only a moron would think these recent, idiotic actions have somehow added any stability to Middle Eastern Foreign Policy.

About the only thing you said correctly was "stunt"..

This whole thing is giving me deja vu .

It seems that we were led into a war in the middle east with no exit strategy based on faulty intelligence that administration would not share (but claimed was endangering us, and we had to trust them) during the GW Bush Presidency. I think most would agree, that has not really worked out in the interests of the US, but the war-hawks on the right are pushing the same narrative again.

I am hopeful there are some pretty big differences.  Starting with we have been at war for 19 years, and with few victories we can point.  In general, people are war weary.  So while some have been waiting for this fight, most don’t want it.  Trump ultimately ran on getting us out of pointless wars, I’m hoping he keeps this promise.

1 hour ago, utenation said:

Image result for pied piper trump cartoons

Too bad you guys can't think for yourselves.. Only a moron would think these recent, idiotic actions have somehow added any stability to Middle Eastern Foreign Policy.

About the only thing you said correctly was "stunt"..

f9cdf479qqa41.png?width=640&height=542&c

4 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

I am hopeful there are some pretty big differences.  Starting with we have been at war for 19 years, and with few victories we can point.  In general, people are war weary.  So while some have been waiting for this fight, most don’t want it.  Trump ultimately ran on getting us out of pointless wars, I’m hoping he keeps this promise.

This is my opinion.. The Middle East is a catch 22.. We have the strongest military on the planet.. We have key allies in the region that really need our presence to avoid war. Wiping our hands clean of any presence in the middle east isn't the answer either. Terrorism will never go away and letting terrorist regimes and countries build infrastructure, overtake and murder in the area only threatens our homeland in the end. Turning a blind eye to a world war until we were attacked in Dec 1941 has taught us some lessons.. How many millions of lives could have been saved if we were involved in the European theatre in 1939 rather than 1942-1944? What we can't have is provocative military action with countless lies given to American People in regards to false intelligence and bad reasons to risk American lives..

One could easily argue there have always been lies but I think there are clear examples of much better Foreign Policies in our history..

8 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

There are no easy/good choices in the Middle East — we need to be involved but the fewer Americans in harms way the better.

You’d think we’d stop believing the “We’ll be greeted as liberators” line at some point.

Lol, it is absurd isn’t it.  Goes with the “they hate us because we are free!” Sentiment.  We need to not be shocked that they don’t appreciate us.

36 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

There are no easy/good choices in the Middle East — we need to be involved but the fewer Americans in harms way the better.

You’d think we’d stop believing the “We’ll be greeted as liberators” line at some point.

Spot on.

18 hours ago, Mano said:

This whole thing is giving me deja vu .

It seems that we were led into a war in the middle east with no exit strategy based on faulty intelligence that administration would not share (but claimed was endangering us, and we had to trust them) during the GW Bush Presidency. I think most would agree, that has not really worked out in the interests of the US, but the war-hawks on the right are pushing the same narrative again.

At least Trump isn't one that wants wars...just hits on terrorist leaders and going after terrorist organizations.

17 hours ago, utenation said:

This is my opinion.. The Middle East is a catch 22.. We have the strongest military on the planet.. We have key allies in the region that really need our presence to avoid war. Wiping our hands clean of any presence in the middle east isn't the answer either. Terrorism will never go away and letting terrorist regimes and countries build infrastructure, overtake and murder in the area only threatens our homeland in the end. Turning a blind eye to a world war until we were attacked in Dec 1941 has taught us some lessons.. How many millions of lives could have been saved if we were involved in the European theatre in 1939 rather than 1942-1944? What we can't have is provocative military action with countless lies given to American People in regards to false intelligence and bad reasons to risk American lives..

One could easily argue there have always been lies but I think there are clear examples of much better Foreign Policies in our history..

Isn't that why Trump went after Solemani?  We still need to go after his successor.

19 hours ago, utenation said:

To think like this in the first place, you have to be a War Mongering Republican.. Not everything needs to have a Hellfire Missile attached to it to solve problems..  I seriously think you need to study the constitution a little closer... And learn the difference between a democracy and dictatorship.

So you are suggesting we negotiate with terrorists then?  Slippery slope.

I'm no war mongering Republican...I have criticized W's decision to invade Iraq and Trump just cleaned up some of that mess.

19 hours ago, CRBuff said:

He has to, that is the point.  The war powers act is really being stretched to justify this action (even if you think it was a good thing).  Even republicans are pushing back here, that should tell us something.

The problem is that we are in an open ended war aka the war on terrorism.  It could be argued that Trump still has the authorization given to W to strike such terrorist leaders.

We might have struck hard at Iran but problem is we still have Pakistan & Saudi Arabia to deal with.  The Shia wants to be the lead dogs on trying to take down Israel.  Once Iran is defeated (if that happens), the Sunnis will grab that anti-Israel baton and we could be facing a bigger fight in defending the lone democracy in the Middle East.

And to everyone:

Archived