Iran

Scscsc89

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Isn't that why Trump went after Solemani?  We still need to go after his successor.

LOL.. Not even close. He did it to serve his own agenda. There are many ways to skin a cat.. Your president's use of "Imminent threat" and the changing evidence to support that has been nothing more than more lies and changing lip service adding to a 4 foot thick rap sheet of steamy garbage.. 

Give me one shred of evidence that the Middle East is a more stable region after these actions.. Facts, not opinion...

So you are suggesting we negotiate with terrorists then?  Slippery slope.

Where did I say negotiate? Again, many ways to skin a cat. I said it earlier in this thread. You and morons like Papa G think that if we don't support the tactics and agenda of your president, somehow we are supporting the other side..

I'm no war mongering Republican...I have criticized W's decision to invade Iraq and Trump just cleaned up some of that mess.

I'm wondering if you realize the USA is now almost completely isolated in the world when it comes to allies and coalitions right? Suggesting(as you did) that future presidents(even dems) now have a green light to act the same way as your president has done is nothing more than blind ignorance. Keep chugging the Kool-Aid. Clearly you can't think for yourself.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

And to everyone:

The biggest problem with this comparison is your president still hasn't presented any evidence after that fact that the recent strike was indeed an Imminent threat. His own staff keeps changing the story. What a circus. Anyone with common sense realizes that there "might be" a decision in the future that will require immediate action with fluid intelligence that can't get approval from congress..

Your President as always, just abused this power.. Big difference.  As proven in the after action briefing to senators which they were told to "not debate" this..

25 minutes ago, utenation said:

The biggest problem with this comparison is your president still hasn't presented any evidence after that fact that the recent strike was indeed an Imminent threat. His own staff keeps changing the story. What a circus. Anyone with common sense realizes that there "might be" a decision in the future that will require immediate action with fluid intelligence that can't get approval from congress..

Your President as always, just abused this power.. Big difference.  As proven in the after action briefing to senators which they were told to "not debate" this..

This.

Put aside that almost everyone agree that he was a bad guy.  But, this was an act that could have led to war.  While he was a terrorist, he was the second in command for a sovereign nation.  That type of action must require congressional approval.  We do not have kings here, there is an equal body that must be consulted when taking this type of action.  Even republicans that support the president agree with this, yet some trump supporters believe that the president can do what he wants, the constitution be damned.  It’s a bizarre thought process.

It appears (time will tell) that this is deescalating.  Who knows if it will next time though.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

At least Trump isn't one that wants wars...just hits on terrorist leaders and going after terrorist organizations.

Isn't that why Trump went after Solemani?  We still need to go after his successor.

So you are suggesting we negotiate with terrorists then?  Slippery slope.

I'm no war mongering Republican...I have criticized W's decision to invade Iraq and Trump just cleaned up some of that mess.

The problem is that we are in an open ended war aka the war on terrorism.  It could be argued that Trump still has the authorization given to W to strike such terrorist leaders.

We might have struck hard at Iran but problem is we still have Pakistan & Saudi Arabia to deal with.  The Shia wants to be the lead dogs on trying to take down Israel.  Once Iran is defeated (if that happens), the Sunnis will grab that anti-Israel baton and we could be facing a bigger fight in defending the lone democracy in the Middle East.

And to everyone:

Everytime you quote breitbart,  your image as the loveable dummy gets replaced by that of the virulent racist asshole.

Be better.

And Trump admitted there was no imminent threat, so breitbart's premise is fucked.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/477966-trump-says-it-doesnt-matter-if-soleimani-posed-an-imminent-threat

Trump says it doesn't matter if Soleimani posed an imminent threat

16 minutes ago, Orange said:

Everytime you quote breitbart,  your image as the loveable dummy gets replaced by that of the virulent racist asshole.

Be better.

And Trump admitted there was no imminent threat, so breitbart's premise is fucked.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/477966-trump-says-it-doesnt-matter-if-soleimani-posed-an-imminent-threat

Trump says it doesn't matter if Soleimani posed an imminent threat

Explaining away impeachment

2 hours ago, CRBuff said:

We do not have kings here, there is an equal body that must be consulted when taking this type of action.  Even republicans that support the president agree with this, yet some trump supporters believe that the president can do what he wants, the constitution be damned.  

See the source image

TBI is not just some headache.

Fucking irresponsible and malpractice to make that kind of bullshit statement.

Just because there isn't gushing blood or broken bones doesn't mean there isn't a serious injury with long term impact.

Fuckn pisses me off. Having spent the last 7 months dealing with TBI and PCS. Especially difficult on the return to work with supervisors not being very understanding.

Archived