2020 PAC12 OOC Projections

HLB

The 2020 season is still nine months out, but I think these are some safe bets for PAC12 OOC outcomes:

Oregon loses to Ohio State by 30.  Oregon State loses to OK State by 20.  Colorado loses to TXA&M by 24.  USC loses to BAMA by 24 and loses to ND by 10.  Washington loses to Michigan by 7.  Stanford loses to ND by 13. 

Cal beats TCU by 3.  AZ = Texas Tech (could go either way). 

Arizona State, UCLA, Utah and Washington State don't play PW5 OOC opponents (I don't count BYU as a P5 OOC opponent given that BYU only plays 5 or 6 P5 opponents in a given season).

As is the case every year, I'm sure there will be a couple of losses to some G5 opponents, and perhaps one loss to an FCS opponent.e

Overall, no CFP for the PAC12 in 2020.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From HLB, "Mr Credibility":

Other than Oregon being able to beat Utah, there is no other team in the T15 that either Utah or Oregon could beat.

And I don't think that Oregon offers anything that Wisconsin hasn't seen, given their two games against Ohio State.  But I do think that Wisconsin RB Jonathon Taylor is something that Oregon [sic] is caliber of player that Oregon hasn't faced this season.

Look for Taylor to push the 250-yard mark, for rushing, and Wisconsin to win by 10.

and no PAC12 team in the T10 of the Final Rankings.

Of all the P12 games, I like USC's chances to beat Iowa the best. 

43 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Can't wait to see that epic CU upset in College Station. B)

I like your confidence and enthusiasm about your Buffs.  And if CU pulls of the upset in College Station, I will be the first to congratulate you.  Best of luck!

4 hours ago, Orange said:

Can we merge this thread with all threads started by Bruin?

Clinton:  65,853,514 - 8,753,788 (California votes) = 57,099,726

Trump:  62,984,828 - 4,483,810 (California votes) = 58,501,018

The will of the people in 49 states was for Trump.  The will of the people in one state - California - was for Clinton.  Don't confuse California's will with that of the entire nation.

This is one reason why we have an Electoral College - so that one large state or city can't determine the overall outcome, thereby making the voices of smaller, less populated states unheard.

On that note, if Russia was in Trump's corner, why didn't Trump have the popular vote in California?  The fact is, the Electoral College can't be manipulated by other nations, given it's design and make up.

5 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

From HLB, "Mr Credibility":

And I was right.  Wisconsin beat Wisconsin, with three turnovers.  The statistics clearly show that Wisconsin out played Oregon.

Additionally, Taylor was not used properly.  There's no reason why he shouldn't have touched the ball 35 times.  Wisconsin winning by 10 was contingent on Taylor rushing for 250 yards.

And in no way should Oregon be #6.  Put them in any one of the other P5 conferences and they have 3-6 losses in the regular season.

And while I said I liked USC's chances of beating Iowa the best, I didn't predict USC to defeat Iowa.  Go back and look at the bowl thread and I stated that the PAC12's best chances for a win were UW over Boise, ASU over FSU and Cal over Illinois.

Here's what else I was correct about:  Utah losing to Texas and falling out of the T15.

I'm not right 100% of the time (which is what you and yours are complaining about), but I'm right more often than not.  Just as I said in September that the P12 would not be in the CFP; Oregon would win the P12 as a 2-loss champion; and Utah would finish the season with 3 losses, including the bowl game.

Check back in 9-10 months and let's see how well I predicted these OOC games (although I know USC and Stanford won't have completed their OOC games until later in the season).

16 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I'm not confident in UCLA going 3-0

Hawaii and San Diego State won't be easy, particularly on the road, but I think UCLA "grew" enough this season to win those games …. Win their three OOC games, and I think they can squeeze out three or four P12 wins and be bowl eligible.

1 hour ago, HLB said:

And I was right.  Wisconsin beat Wisconsin, with three turnovers.  The statistics clearly show that Wisconsin out played Oregon.

Additionally, Taylor was not used properly.  There's no reason why he shouldn't have touched the ball 35 times.  Wisconsin winning by 10 was contingent on Taylor rushing for 250 yards.

And in no way should Oregon be #6.  Put them in any one of the other P5 conferences and they have 3-6 losses in the regular season.

“Oregon performed much better against Taylor than I thought, therefore I’m not wrong about the score because I was wrong about something else.”

This is why you get dunked on. Leave the excuses at the door.

16 hours ago, HLB said:

Clinton:  65,853,514 - 8,753,788 (California votes) = 57,099,726

Trump:  62,984,828 - 4,483,810 (California votes) = 58,501,018

The will of the people in 49 states was for Trump.  The will of the people in one state - California - was for Clinton.  Don't confuse California's will with that of the entire nation.

This is one reason why we have an Electoral College - so that one large state or city can't determine the overall outcome, thereby making the voices of smaller, less populated states unheard.

On that note, if Russia was in Trump's corner, why didn't Trump have the popular vote in California?  The fact is, the Electoral College can't be manipulated by other nations, given it's design and make up.

Pretty ballsy to make the "Californians aren't people" argument here.  Gee, I wonder why you don't have any friends.

Archived