Positive Trump News

PAC MAN

42 minutes ago, Orange said:

Doug Firs and ponderosas and oak trees and other North American species emit hardly any oxygen and absorb hardly any carbon at all.

You're right, but for the wrong reasons.

Trees with needles actually contain a much higher surface area than leafy trees, so they're very efficient carbon absorbers. And because they're coniferous, they don't take six months off every year. The problem is that trees only sequester carbon when they are growing, so a mature, old growth forest won't have much impact at all.

Obviously, tropical rain forests - particularly the Amazon - are the largest emitters of oxygen and absorbers of carbon, but that has much more to do with their sheer vastness and constant growth rather than the species of plants they contain. The growth rate of plants generally correlates to their carbon absorption capacity. That's why plants like bamboo, alfalfa and hemp are effective. The problem with them is that the amount of carbon required to harvest and re-plant offsets most of the gains anyway.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, utenation said:

Our history as a species on this earth is nothing short of disaster especially since industrialization.. We are purely reactionary. It will take a complete disaster that costs multi millions of lives and complete destruction to finally take real action. Might be too late by then. Until then, long live greed and politics.. Fuck future generations anyways..  

God I hope so. There are far too many parasites around. Thanos was right.

I'd call this positive Trump news:

Aside from Trump’s approval rating being the lowest of any president to run for reelection since Gerald Ford (who lost), according to my analysis of Gallup’s approval data, Trump’s third year net approval rating of -11.6 percent (mean approval minus mean disapproval) was nearly identical to Jimmy Carter’s net approval rating of -11.5 percent (he also lost). The only other president since Carter to have a negative net approval rating for his third year in office was Barack Obama — and Obama’s net approval rating was just -2.9, more than 8.5 percentage points higher than either Carter or Trump. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/479078-trumps-reelection-looks-more-like-a-long-shot-than-a-slam-dunk

20 hours ago, utenation said:

The most depressing part is, we've had solid technology for alternatives for decades..

...or we had legislation like the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act or something like that which outlawed industrial hemp until Trump signed the bill that allowed industrial hemp to be grown again.  Lord knows how many trees were needlessly sacrificed during all those years that hemp was banned and environmentally unsafe materials were introduced to market.

I'm sure that there were special interest groups that kept those solid technology alternatives from becoming commercially viable just like with banning industrial hemp in the past.

How many of those bad laws need to be repealed or updated?

6 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

...or we had legislation like the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act or something like that which outlawed industrial hemp until Trump signed the bill that allowed industrial hemp to be grown again.  Lord knows how many trees were needlessly sacrificed during all those years that hemp was banned and environmentally unsafe materials were introduced to market.

I'm sure that there were special interest groups that kept those solid technology alternatives from becoming commercially viable just like with banning industrial hemp in the past.

How many of those bad laws need to be repealed or updated?

Special interest groups are working to stop green energy and keep fossil fuels as out main source of energy......so there’s that.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

He'll still win, because (a) republicans cheat and (b) fuck the electoral college, the most dishonest way to determine an election in the history of democracy.

Here is where the Democrats need to take some responsibility. The outcome of the election will be entirely determined by the turnout of Democrats and anti-Trump. If they come out in force to vote for the Democrat candidate, regardless of who it is, Trump will lose. If a large segment of progressive/moderate/whatever wing of the Democratic party do not vote or throw away their vote on a third party because their preferred candidate is not the nominee, Trump wins.

It's that simple. I am hoping this message is sent out loud and clear from ALL the Democratic candidates to their base, that their followers MUST vote for whoever emerges as the nominee, be it Sanders, Warren, Biden, Bloomberg or whoever. If their followers all get and follow this message, numbers say Trump can't win, even with electoral college and GOP efforts to suppress vote, if those opposed to Trump come out to vote en mass.

1 minute ago, CRBuff said:

Special interest groups are working to stop green energy and keep fossil fuels as out main source of energy......so there’s that.

For how much longer?  I have been saying that once the likes of Ford, GM, Ram, etc introduces their all electric vehicles especially the SUVs & trucks and the infrastructure for re-charging electrical vehicles, the use of fossil fuels will eventually decline.  The newest electrical vehicles are about to overcome range anxiety.

I can tell you that NASCAR is getting ready to switch from those eight valve engines to hybrid engines starting with their 2022 season and that could get more people interested in hybrids or electrical vehicles.

And the all electric F-150 is coming soon.

Now you tell me if special interest groups can stop something like that from happening at this point especially when said electric F-150 can do something that gas powered F-150s can't do.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28947992/electric-ford-f-150-2021-planned/

And that electric F-150 could be here next year.

2 minutes ago, Mano said:

Here is where the Democrats need to take some responsibility. The outcome of the election will be entirely determined by the turnout of Democrats and anti-Trump. If they come out in force to vote for the Democrat candidate, regardless of who it is, Trump will lose. If a large segment of progressive/moderate/whatever wing of the Democratic party do not vote or throw away their vote on a third party because their preferred candidate is not the nominee, Trump wins.

It's that simple. I am hoping this message is sent out loud and clear from ALL the Democratic candidates to their base, that their followers MUST vote for whoever emerges as the nominee, be it Sanders, Warren, Biden, Bloomberg or whoever. If their followers all get and follow this message, numbers say Trump can't win, even with electoral college and GOP efforts to suppress vote, if those opposed to Trump come out to vote en mass.

Exactly right what the Dems would need to do in order to get rid of Trump.  The question is how many of those undecideds have been turned off by a partisan impeachment and likely to vote for Trump instead of the Dem candidate?  

12 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Exactly right what the Dems would need to do in order to get rid of Trump.  The question is how many of those undecideds have been turned off by a partisan impeachment and likely to vote for Trump instead of the Dem candidate?  

Almost everyone outside Trumps Cult45 has no issue with the impeachment, they recognize what happened at the very least warrants an investigation and trial. Anyone claiming that they would vote Democrat if only the Dems treated Trump more fairly are lying, and the folks spreading that narrative are lying to you.

The issue is if factions within the Democratic party who are so invested in a particular candidate sit out when their candidate does not become the nominee. Thinking people need to unite against the common enemy.

24 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

For how much longer?  I have been saying that once the likes of Ford, GM, Ram, etc introduces their all electric vehicles especially the SUVs & trucks and the infrastructure for re-charging electrical vehicles, the use of fossil fuels will eventually decline.  The newest electrical vehicles are about to overcome range anxiety.

I can tell you that NASCAR is getting ready to switch from those eight valve engines to hybrid engines starting with their 2022 season and that could get more people interested in hybrids or electrical vehicles.

And the all electric F-150 is coming soon.

Now you tell me if special interest groups can stop something like that from happening at this point especially when said electric F-150 can do something that gas powered F-150s can't do.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28947992/electric-ford-f-150-2021-planned/

And that electric F-150 could be here next year.

The only reason these companies keep innovating with electric and hybrid cars is because of certain state government mandates to reduce MPGs and/or turn electric.

It's VERY much special interest groups that are trying to stop that kind of legislation on a federal level.  We're lucky California exists.

On 1/23/2020 at 3:19 PM, Orange said:

The only reason these companies keep innovating with electric and hybrid cars is because of certain state government mandates to reduce MPGs and/or turn electric.

It's VERY much special interest groups that are trying to stop that kind of legislation on a federal level.  We're lucky California exists.

You won’t be too upset if Trump proposes tax breaks for homeowners to have the vehicle charging system installed in their garages?

Those state mandates do not convince people to run out and buy those electric vehicles en masse...it takes time to educate & convince the masses to convert.  But California did play an essential part in that.  Those Teslas do look nice as well and I have seen them accelerate faster than gas powered vehicles as well.  I’m also led to believe EVs have fewer parts, are more reliable, etc.  Having those large cars, SUVs, and trucks being EVs could lead to a big boom for the auto industry soon and could revive the American Dream to a degree.

Now if Trump is re-elected, I hope he does something to increase the housing supply across the country.

13 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Those state mandates do not convince people to run out and buy those electric vehicles en masse...it takes time to educate & convince the masses to convert.

When the fuck did I say that?  There are 40 million people in California, and probably roughly that many cars.  Any changes they make to policy, automakers will have to listen to, stupid.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:03 PM, azgreg said:

List the enacted Trump policies that led to that.

Pretty easy...tax cuts.  Colorado is becoming an increasingly expensive place to live.

My wife works at Target.  She is working more hours than she did while Obama was President.  I have noticed that with many other people like her that suffered under Obama where they weren't able to work full time.

Archived