2020 CFP Selection Committee Members Announced

HLB

The CFP Selection Committee for 2020 has been announced, as three 2019 members (Robert Mullins, Oregon AD; Frank Beamer, former VaTech HC; and Chris Howard, Robert Morris President rotate out.  New members include Tom Burman, Wyoming, AD; Rick George, Colorado AD; and former Penn State player, John Urschel.

The 2020 CFP Selection Committee will only have one representative from the SEC on the committee, Florida A.D. Scott Sticklin - which is the same as last year.

The committee will have three with PAC12 ties (the same as last year), two with B1G ties and one representative for the Big12 and the ACC.

Yet when the PAC12 is left out of the playoffs in 2020, the cries of "SEC bias", a 9-game conference schedule (which doesn't seem to keep the Big12 and B1G from making the playoffs) and "no one on the east coast sees us play" will continue to be on display.

12 hours ago, HLB said:

The CFP Selection Committee for 2020 has been announced, as three 2019 members (Robert Mullins, Oregon AD; Frank Beamer, former VaTech HC; and Chris Howard, Robert Morris President rotate out.  New members include Tom Burman, Wyoming, AD; Rick George, Colorado AD; and former Penn State player, John Urschel.

The 2020 CFP Selection Committee will only have one representative from the SEC on the committee, Florida A.D. Scott Sticklin - which is the same as last year.

The committee will have three with PAC12 ties (the same as last year), two with B1G ties and one representative for the Big12 and the ACC.

Yet when the PAC12 is left out of the playoffs in 2020, the cries of "SEC bias", a 9-game conference schedule (which doesn't seem to keep the Big12 and B1G from making the playoffs) and "no one on the east coast sees us play" will continue to be on display.

You're just fucking AWFUL.

6 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Why did you say SEC reps, but PAC-12 ties?

Ken Hatfield - Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas ties

R.C. Slocum - Texas A&M ties

I thought about those two, and here's why I didn't include them.

Hatfield's career had ties with the WAC, SEC, ACC, SWC and C-USA.  So it's not reasonable to say that he has had ties to any one conference.  I could just as easily added him to the list of ACC representatives, as any other conference.  But he hasn't been current with any one conference for 14 years, making his conference affiliations negligible.

R.C. Slocum was at Texas A&M when they were in the SWC and the Big12.  I don't see Slocum as having SEC interest as much as having Big12 interest.  I could have more easily placed him on the list of those with Big12 interest, than SEC interest.

For those reasons, I left them both out of my assessment.

5 hours ago, Orange said:

You're just fucking AWFUL.

That's it?  Don't you have something to prove my assessment incorrect? 

There's a long history of P12 fans crying foul over being left out due to "SEC bias" (by the committee), 9-game conference schedules, and "no one on the east coast sees us play".  Prove me wrong, if I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Why did you say SEC reps, but PAC-12 ties?

Ken Hatfield - Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas ties

R.C. Slocum - Texas A&M ties

And I didn't notice the choice of words from "reps" and "ties".  I was more focused on those who are currently active with a conference, and/or those who have only had an affiliation with one school and one conference (as a coach, AD, or player).

57 minutes ago, HLB said:

I thought about those two, and here's why I didn't include them.

Hatfield's career had ties with the WAC, SEC, ACC, SWC and C-USA.  So it's not reasonable to say that he has had ties to any one conference.  I could just as easily added him to the list of ACC representatives, as any other conference.  But he hasn't been current with any one conference for 14 years, making his conference affiliations negligible.

R.C. Slocum was at Texas A&M when they were in the SWC and the Big12.  I don't see Slocum as having SEC interest as much as having Big12 interest.  I could have more easily placed him on the list of those with Big12 interest, than SEC interest.

For those reasons, I left them both out of my assessment.

Mullens was AD at Kentucky, clown.  So he has SEC "TieS", too.  Rick George worked at Vanderbilt for 8 years.  "SeC tiEs"

You are reliably stupid, aren't you?

Archived