Reggie Bush

Scscsc89

I was just listening to a month-old USC football podcast & heard that the NCAA had said that the Reggie Bush disassociation would expire in June (ten years).

It will be interesting to see how USC decides to treat it, in June and during next season.

remember reggie bush GIF

6 hours ago, All Hail said:

Agreed.  A player that special should not be given the Pete Rose treatment for such a minor offense.  

Thousands and thousands of dollars a month in extra benefits was a minor offense? I agree that the punishment rarely fits the crime, or even punishes the right person, when the NCAA is involved, but come on. Teams self report secondary violations when a player sells their beats by dre from their bowl game swag bag for a hundred bucks. That's minor. 

5 hours ago, dtd said:

Thousands and thousands of dollars a month in extra benefits was a minor offense? I agree that the punishment rarely fits the crime, or even punishes the right person, when the NCAA is involved, but come on. Teams self report secondary violations when a player sells their beats by dre from their bowl game swag bag for a hundred bucks. That's minor. 

I understand this point of view, but the NCAA's  rules so disproportionately burden the poorest athletes' families that I frankly don't give a shit if they get an agent and a house. 

8 hours ago, dtd said:

It was a minor offense relative to the punishment that was rendered was my point.  I agree that he should be punished but a ten year ban seems way too harsh.  He got a far worse punishment than many coaches have received For more nefarious actions and the coaches are the ones who should be far more accountable than the players.

Archived