2020 Season

Scscsc89

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

Just to riff on the previous Illinois tweets:

Do people voluntarily play for the Indiana football team?

I don't know about Indiana, but at OSU we just force the basketball players to throw on pads and use different names....

one thing that is being neglected is that we haven't asked our college athletes if they are comfortable playing this fall?  We just sort of assume that they are?  We've seen a number of professional athletes opt out (mostly in baseball). I expect there are many athletes that have some serious family and personal distractions in their life at this point and maybe football just seems less important than it used to?

As with reopening schools in general, I'd assume they're taking the input of all constituencies.  But given the greed and disregard for human life present in any huge organization that hungers for revenue, I wouldn't be surprised if the concerned athletes are being largely dismissed.

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the respect, but Oregon is so hard to project. We have a senior-heavy defense and two juniors (and probably our best players on each side of the ball) projected in the top 10 of next year’s draft. IF we play at all, our roster right now vs our available players for game one might be crazy different after opt-outs. 

Archived