2020 Season

Scscsc89

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, glduck said:

Serious question, why did the B1G release an updated conference-only schedule, like, four days ago? Why did the SEC release one on Friday? What changed over the weekend? 

I think part of it is compartmentalization. A.D.’s and their staffs were working towards making the season happen.  Safety protocols, season schedule, practice schedule, logistics. All so that they would be ready If the season were to happen. 
University presidents had a different role, They were the ones judging whether there could be a season. And the ground has been constantly moving, think baseball, uptick in Midwest cases and projections that it’s going to get dramatically worse in the Midwest, updated projections Of between 30 and 50,000 more deaths in the next three or four months.

3 hours ago, glduck said:

Serious question, why did the B1G release an updated conference-only schedule, like, four days ago? Why did the SEC release one on Friday? What changed over the weekend? 

The conference only schedules were just a ploy to buy more time so they could sell to the fans and boosters that they tried to accommodate a fall season but that it wasn't feasible.  They'll likely do the same thing here by announcing a push back to spring with the intention to play the full 10 game schedules in Feb-April with the schedule they modified a couple weeks ago rather than an outright cancellation knowing full well that even a spring season (if any at all) would likely be for less than that.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Article/Pac-12-moving-football-back-to-spring--150061809/?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=200809_205956_UtahUtes&utm_content=Link

We've all feared it but we all knew it was a possibility, however we held onto the glimmer of hope that college football would happen this fall. It's been rumored and widely discussed throughout the weekend, unfortunately, multiple sources have indicated to UteZone and sites across the 247Sports network that the Pac-12 is very likely to cancel the upcoming football season and move it back to the spring.

There is a scheduled meeting on Tuesday, which is when an expected announcement is to come but the decision could come before that. Schools have been advised to have statements prepared and ready to go for when the announcement drops. According to some, there is a movement among some school presidents and conference commissioners to have a joint decision in order to make it look like college football worked together. That decision would then lead to the conferences also working together in order to come up with a plan to play spring football.

Going to get my Madden NFL 21 pre-order for my PS4 Pro tomorrow and get the Deluxe version so I could play it three days early which would be two weeks from tomorrow.  If you have EA Access you get 10% off the game.  Plus, I would get Madden NFL 21 on a PS5 for free if I get my PS5 before 22 launches.  Same thing applies for the Xbox.

I will still always prefer the NCAA Football series over Madden when it comes to videogame football.  Madden 20 with the RPO was great and I expect M21 to be more refined in that department.  And you'd be able to play two seasons of college football in M21 as well.

Given the liability issue with athletics in general relating to COVID-19, I think this puts college basketball in danger of being canceled this upcoming season.

Archived