2020 Season

Scscsc89

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/big-ten-cancel-fall-season-ray-tanner-south-carolina-not-where-sec-headed/

The way the head of the South Carolina athletics programs tells it, the SEC will not be waiver in its commitment to play despite the Big Ten’s decision,

The college football season hasn’t even started yet but it feels like the SEC just got its first win of the season with that comment.

Good to know they won't "be waiver." But it doesn't "feel like a win" for the SEC.

angry simon cowell GIF

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 4:18 PM, Jalapeno said:

Wonder if @HLB has an update from SEC-land?

SEC is standing pat and taking matters one week at a time.  Overall, I think a "lot" of negative things would have to take place for the SEC and ACC to cancel their seasons.  The overall feeling is that the SEC and ACC will play.  Most think the Big12 will play, too.

I'm wondering if B1G schools like Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State - (schools that have expressed disappointment over the canceled season) - can go out, establish contracts, and play each other as a "non-conference" opponents.

15 hours ago, HLB said:

SEC is standing pat and taking matters one week at a time.  Overall, I think a "lot" of negative things would have to take place for the SEC and ACC to cancel their seasons.  The overall feeling is that the SEC and ACC will play.  Most think the Big12 will play, too.

I'm wondering if B1G schools like Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State - (schools that have expressed disappointment over the canceled season) - can go out, establish contracts, and play each other as a "non-conference" opponents.

Florida had 1/4th of ALL the United States' new COVID infections yesterday -- 8,000 new cases and more than 200 new deaths... and they have MORONIC government officials trying to force children to cram into schools, and 100,000 people into stadiums, maskless.

So....something worse than that?

Archived