2020 Season

Scscsc89

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Scorcho said:

so the PAC-12 football and basketball seasons seem to be aligned perfectly with the 2nd/3rd wave of the virus in the states

True, but maybe not in the SEC, where the vaccine protocol has health care and emergency workers second in line, with the vulnerable third ... and SEC football players and coaches (along corresponding individuals from Kentucky basketball) as being the very first in line.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, EastCoastFan said:

True, but maybe not in the SEC, where the vaccine protocol has health care and emergency workers second in line, with the vulnerable third ... and SEC football players and coaches (along corresponding individuals from Kentucky basketball) as being the very first in line.

I have no idea this is real, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it is.  

For what I have been able to get about this year’s CU team:

1. Buffs will continue running the 3-4 defense.  All three DL starters return.  At least two Starting LBs return.  Secondary could be a mess.  At least the DC didn’t go to East Lansing so there’s some continuity there which is great because no spring & summer camp to practice the offense as long as the county health department personnel looked the other way.  I think the defense could be okay but as you have seen in the other games, the offense going three and out isn’t helpful.

2. Three OL starters returning. RB by committee with at least three RBs and this is the deepest RB group in sometime..  Either Lytle or Noyer will start at QB but Lewis does look the part.  He had no spring practice so he’ll play when he gets the offense down.  KD Nixon is just one WR out of three returning this season.  There is supposed to be some talent.  TE is a position that should re-emerge in Boulder this year.  OC Chev was the OC one time under MacIntyre but Dorreal was his WR coach at CU so there’s the connection as Chev is the OC again but he got to produce this time around.

3. There will be a Ralphie VI after V retired after 12 years of duty.  New coach & Ralphie at the same time...maybe something good will come out of it.

4. I think the UCLA-CU game could be a mess due to practice restrictions imposed by both county departments despite both teams seemingly having plans in place.  There’s a few forest fires nearby as well.  One of them was about 200 feet away from my old home as of this morning.  Will the game be held in Boulder as a result?

5. It’s going to be fun watching Ohio State spank Nebraska this weekend.

18 minutes ago, utenation said:

It still amazes me that people are upset about games be cancelled.  I was completely prepared to accept no football or basketball this year..

Just shows what a disaster the leadership of this country has created. 

When your president's strategy is to sacrifice 3 million people for a mythical "herd immunity" all in the name of making sure TGI Friday's and football stadiums open, this is what you get.

I wonder if we can apply to be a colony of New Zealand and get their badass PM to run things ...

35 minutes ago, utenation said:

It still amazes me that people are upset about games be cancelled.  I was completely prepared to accept no football or basketball this year..

Just shows what a disaster the leadership of this country has created. 

haven't you heard, we've turned the corner with this pandemic thing

200.gif

new cases are up 40% since last Monday

I'll be very surprised if college football can finish this year

3 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Where does one apply to be the person responsible for coming up with these NCAA slogans?

Bowl Season

One true champion 

it just means more...

Might have better luck getting those next slogans from a fortune cookie 

Archived