2020 MLB

glduck

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/padres-wild-walk-off-ride-055539760.html

And then with two out, RP Camarena came up to the plate, finding a 96 MPH Scherzer fastball left in a fascinating location -- low and inside -- and swung on a two strike count, launching it 416 feet to right field. 

Camarena’s home run wasn’t just a grand slam, however. It was his first career hit! And how often does a relief pitcher hit a grand slam for his first hit? According to Stats by Stats, the only other pitcher in MLB history whose first career hit was a grand slam was Bill Duggleby on April 21, 1898 with the Phillies.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am watching this All-Star game and out of nowhere I thought that I’ve watched Ted Williams, Roger Maris, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Willy McCovey, Juan Marichal, Bob Gibson, Henry Aaron, Don Drysdale, Sandy Koufax, Rod Carew, Gaylord Perry, Lou Brock, Pete Rose, Carl Yastrzemski, Reggie Jackson and so many others in All Star games.  Baseball bruh.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

The extent of Seattle’s All Star representation was ESPN switching the camera to Kikuchi when Ohtani was at bat for the HR derby.

Don't feel so bad, we just had ex-Mariner Taijaun Walker pitching to ex-Mariner Mike Zunino, who homers.

I’m in the same boat. I don’t *hate* it, but it’s a perplexing move when we’re only 1.5 games back and we gave up the best player in the deal. For the most playoff-starved team in major North American sports, it’s hard to swallow gearing up for 2022 when we’re playing so damn well right now. In a vacuum, it’s also weird to me that this was the best return we could get for arguably the best closer on the market.

The Astros, meanwhile, might have the best 8/9 inning guys in baseball now.

Archived