2020 MLB

glduck

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope we make the playoffs on the back of a Seager HR.  I really didn’t care much if the Mariners made the playoffs or not. It’s pretty obvious they’re not going to go far even if they make the playoffs. I was just happy with the progress it would show. But today I was reading Kyle Seager‘s wife’s Twitter account and was kind of surprised by how much Kyle wanted this. I guess now I want it for him.

I haven’t been posting because throughout the years whenever I’ve posted something positive about the M’s they’ve started a long losing streak and I didn’t want to jinx them. But now that they lost on their own, ah well.

Runner in scoring position with no outs in the 7th and 9th, and one of the most clutch high-leverage situation teams of all time couldn’t get a run in. Live with a historically unique offense, die by a historically unique offense.

Re: Seager, my first regret in this long postseason drought is Felix never having pitched in a playoff game. My second regret is Seager hasn’t been in one, either. This is likely his last season in Seattle. If the team doesn’t win out and can’t get some help, that’s going to close the books on yet another career* where the organization failed him utterly.

*career in Seattle, that is. He’ll certainly play somewhere next season.

Archived