China’s Economy is Bad. Will be Good for the U.S.

Pac12Fan

My company makes and sells car floor mats (cheap to expensive) and vehicle accessories. Our biggest manufacturer is out of China but is owned by an American conglomerate of which I own a percentage. We just made the decision to pull out of China for good. We are moving our oversees manufacturing plant to Mexico (cheaper pieces) and will quadruple our Texas plant over the next year. 

Our manager from China wants a transfer to the U.S. but will be denied. He called us from Hong Kong and let us know that thousands of companies are leaving China. When you leave, the equipment (and inventory) becomes the property of the Chinese government. Thailand, Philippines, Mexico and the U.S. will be gaining hundreds of thousands of jobs once our economy opens up.  Huge boom over the next year. 

China will rebound but they will have tens of millions not working for years to come. Our economy will benefit greatly. 

Glad to hear that companies are pulling out of China and Japan is paying companies to leave China as well.  The best way to hold China accountable for understating the severity of the coronavirus which wasn't the first time they did that.

Makes me wonder what Apple's manufacturing plans are going forward.  

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

Glad to hear that companies are pulling out of China and Japan is paying companies to leave China as well.  The best way to hold China accountable for understating the severity of the coronavirus which wasn't the first time they did that.

Makes me wonder what Apple's manufacturing plans are going forward.  

So who will hold Trump accountable?

24 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

Annnd Biden has to run an effective campaign. Not the mess that was the Clinton campaign.

lots of factors here.

Voter Suppression being the single most important factor.  By a HUGE margin.

This country does not want Trump.  Again, by a HUGE margin.  Whether they will be able to express that opinion at the ballot box is another matter, and the GOP emphatically does not want them to.

No, this has almost nothing to do with the effectiveness of a Biden campaign.  This is about access to voting.  If you're actually wrestling with the difference between a Trump/Biden presidency, then you're almost certainly of diminished capacity, and probably don't have the right/ability to vote anyway.

25 minutes ago, Orange said:

Voter Suppression being the single most important factor.  By a HUGE margin.

This country does not want Trump.  Again, by a HUGE margin.  Whether they will be able to express that opinion at the ballot box is another matter, and the GOP emphatically does not want them to.

No, this has almost nothing to do with the effectiveness of a Biden campaign.  This is about access to voting.  If you're actually wrestling with the difference between a Trump/Biden presidency, then you're almost certainly of diminished capacity, and probably don't have the right/ability to vote anyway.

I honestly do believe there are plenty that are so out of touch they really don’t know the difference.  It isn’t a good thing, but I think it’s really, really common.  Way too many low info voters.

2 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

Avoiding voter fraud is not Voter Suppression.  

Voter ID is meant to suppress votes.  Period.  We know this because there is as much proof of in-person voter fraud as there is of Godzilla.

What "voter fraud" are you trying to prevent by eliminating early voting periods?

What "voter fraud" are you solving by outlawing vote-by-mail?

What "voter fraud" are you solving by closing polling stations and purging rolls?

23 hours ago, Pac12Fan said:

My company makes and sells car floor mats (cheap to expensive) and vehicle accessories. Our biggest manufacturer is out of China but is owned by an American conglomerate of which I own a percentage. We just made the decision to pull out of China for good. We are moving our oversees manufacturing plant to Mexico (cheaper pieces) and will quadruple our Texas plant over the next year. 

Our manager from China wants a transfer to the U.S. but will be denied. He called us from Hong Kong and let us know that thousands of companies are leaving China. When you leave, the equipment (and inventory) becomes the property of the Chinese government. Thailand, Philippines, Mexico and the U.S. will be gaining hundreds of thousands of jobs once our economy opens up.  Huge boom over the next year. 

China will rebound but they will have tens of millions not working for years to come. Our economy will benefit greatly. 

I've long advocated for exporting our economic power to our neighbors, Mexico, Central America and even South America and build our manufacturing there.  It's not likely coming back to the United States so lets help out our neighbors and solve the immigration problem at the same time.

43 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I've long advocated for exporting our economic power to our neighbors, Mexico, Central America and even South America and build our manufacturing there.  It's not likely coming back to the United States so lets help out our neighbors and solve the immigration problem at the same time.

Are you thinking along the line of an America's version of the EU?

15 hours ago, azgreg said:

Are you thinking along the line of an America's version of the EU?

11 hours ago, mugtang said:

Yes but without a unified currency as that seriously limits you during a crisis. 

I'm sure you heard about the North American Union before.  It's possible the USAMCA deal might make it more possible than the old NAFTA.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:06 AM, Orange said:

So who will hold Trump accountable?

Us this November 3rd.  We can also vote for members of Congress who will keep Trump in check.

We'll know by then if Trump has taken the necessary steps to have the country ready for the second wave of the coronavirus this fall and whether we have learned a thing or two from what went wrong (non-partisan commission).

Biden could make that choice much easier based on who he picks as his running mate.

13 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Us this November 3rd.  We can also vote for members of Congress who will keep Trump in check.

We'll know by then if Trump has taken the necessary steps to have the country ready for the second wave of the coronavirus this fall and whether we have learned a thing or two from what went wrong (non-partisan commission).

Biden could make that choice much easier based on who he picks as his running mate.

I hope you started laughing while typing this, otherwise you have NO idea what's currently going on.

Archived