Elon Musk Leaving California for Texas & Nevada

Pac12Fan

The last automaker in California just announced he is pulling all his operations and companies out of the Bay Area for Texas and Nevada. Toyota pulled out in 2018. 

My company makes a lot of the replacement car mats for his cars and have met him twice.  I can’t believe he didn’t leave California years ago. He will find (like me) that California hates their constituents and he will be much more profitable out of this state. 

Charles Schwabb is completing their new headquarters building here in Dallas and will be moving the main headquarters out of San Francisco.  AT&T  just moved their headquarters here from San Fran as well.

Hyatt Corporation just announced most of their operations will be leaving California for Texas.  According to Forbes, 660 companies have left California the past two years for better futures in Texas, Colorado, Utah and Nevada. 

Watch for a mass migration of the largest California based companies to exit right to the East. It’s just too hard to work there. 

Californian politicians are way crooked and have killed my state. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Elon musk is a loon.

Most of the people that I know like you that complained about the Bay Area & moved away have since moved back.

but I’m glad you’re clearly enjoying Texas. 

I never lived in the Bay Area. I lived in Southern Cal. I am enjoying Texas as the people are happier and the government works with you, not against you. 

Also, I know many business owners that left the Bay Area and don’t know a single one that will ever move back.  

On 5/9/2020 at 10:39 PM, Pac12Fan said:

The last automaker in California just announced he is pulling all his operations and companies out of the Bay Area for Texas and Nevada. Toyota pulled out in 2018. 

My company makes a lot of the replacement car mats for his cars and have met him twice.  I can’t believe he didn’t leave California years ago. He will find (like me) that California hates their constituents and he will be much more profitable out of this state. 

Charles Schwabb is completing their new headquarters building here in Dallas and will be moving the main headquarters out of San Francisco.  AT&T  just moved their headquarters here from San Fran as well.

Hyatt Corporation just announced most of their operations will be leaving California for Texas.  According to Forbes, 660 companies have left California the past two years for better futures in Texas, Colorado, Utah and Nevada. 

Watch for a mass migration of the largest California based companies to exit right to the East. It’s just too hard to work there. 

Right, all the politicians in Texas are honest.  🙄

You're a fuckin loon.

2 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Mirrored your remarks at about that time.

Yeah, bullshit.  I never said shit like that in March.  I was also planning for and recovering from heart surgery throughout the month of February, and had other matters to think about apart from a virus that seemed largely confined to China.

That being said, you pay me the highest compliment possible by insisting I be as knowledgeable about the threat of a pandemic as billionaire business leaders and politicians with top secret security clearance.  🙄

EDIT: My post on Feb 28th:

And a post from me on March 2nd:

http://www.pac12board.com/index.php?/topic/10183-the-flu/&do=findComment&comment=204572

Meanwhile, you were posting rickroll videos.  

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

California isn't the only state that is losing people...New York is another one.  It just seems like the Democrap ideas just don't work in this country.

God you're stupid.

Go back to whatever you were doing.

I sold my house in April to a Californian that left San Jose for a “better standard of living”. He paid full price and is happy about the move. We went to dinner (actually sat down) last night. He is a software engineer for Qualtrics.  Apparently many more Californians will be moving here this year and although many Utahns are not happy about it. I, personally think it is ok. Traffic is the only downfall in my opinion. 

Taxes and safety were his reasons for leaving. According to the buyer, leaving California is a topic that is discussed a lot from Californians. Arizona, Utah and Texas are the States most discussed. 

2 hours ago, Utefan1211 said:

I sold my house in April to a Californian that left San Jose for a “better standard of living”. He paid full price and is happy about the move. We went to dinner (actually sat down) last night. He is a software engineer for Qualtrics.  Apparently many more Californians will be moving here this year and although many Utahns are not happy about it. I, personally think it is ok. Traffic is the only downfall in my opinion. 

Taxes and safety were his reasons for leaving. According to the buyer, leaving California is a topic that is discussed a lot from Californians. Arizona, Utah and Texas are the States most discussed. 

I hope you guys enjoy Texas, Florida, North Carolina, et al, turning Blue!

On 5/9/2020 at 10:39 PM, Pac12Fan said:

With this foolish take, one would think California’s economy would be shrinking.  You post this same crap every year and every year California’s economy puts more distance between it and every other state.  California has the largest, and most diversified economy out of any state, which is evidence in and of itself that your claims are stupid.  
How about this.  I’ll start believing your silly claims when the cost of a 1-bedroom in SF drops below a million bucks.  Until then, supply and demand speaks for itself and is the easy conclusion to draw against your claims, which are backed by nothing more than anecdotal evidence.  

Speaking of an economy that is poorly diversified, How is Texas doing?  Everything should be fine as long as the price of oil is healthy.  The price of oil is healthy, right?  Ut oh.

Hey, it’s not all bad in Texas.  At least I know where to turn for cheap real estate investments.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 6:39 PM, All Hail said:

With this foolish take, one would think California’s economy would be shrinking.  You post this same crap every year and every year California’s economy puts more distance between it and every other state.  California has the largest, and most diversified economy out of any state, which is evidence in and of itself that your claims are stupid.  
How about this.  I’ll start believing your silly claims when the cost of a 1-bedroom in SF drops below a million bucks.  Until then, supply and demand speaks for itself and is the easy conclusion to draw against your claims, which are backed by nothing more than anecdotal evidence.  

Speaking of an economy that is poorly diversified, How is Texas doing?  Everything should be fine as long as the price of oil is healthy.  The price of oil is healthy, right?  Ut oh.

Hey, it’s not all bad in Texas.  At least I know where to turn for cheap real estate investments.

Texas is more diversified than you think and Texas has used its oil revenues very wisely.  This isn't the first time that oil has gone through a boom and bust cycle and this isn't the first time that the price of oil plummeted badly.  A lot of those Texas oil companies also have natural gas assets that is more recession proof because many homes need that heating oil in the winter time and China's demand for natural gas is exploding.  Better to have both oil & natural gas instead of just oil at this point but a lot of those companies are going to be filing for bankruptcy in the next year or so just to shed debt and and get back to drill baby drill.

The only question is will Texas actually finish their high speed train project before California does?

On 5/12/2020 at 7:29 AM, Utefan1211 said:

We Coloradoans were smart to have passed a constitutional amendment that caps state income taxes & government budgets called TABOR back in 1992 and as a result, we don't have the over-inflated state government budget issues that California has.  Sure there are issues with TABOR but at least the state Dems cannot freely spend like CA & NY.  You Utahans might want to really check into passing a similar thing in your state before it's too late if you haven't done so.

On 5/23/2020 at 7:12 PM, Jalapeno said:

We Coloradoans were smart to have passed a constitutional amendment that caps state income taxes 

Yeah, destroying funding for schools so your workforce all grows up just as dumb as you is "smart", I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

LOL at 89...why buy those snowplows when you only see those types of weather once every decade?  It's not snowplows that they need...it's chlorine tankers that are needed to break up the ice on those roads and states that far south most likely do not have the chlorine variant for deeper freezes that you find in the more northern part of the country so they are stuck one way or the other.  I wouldn't be surprised if Colorado doesn't even have that specific chlorine variant too.

It's easy to spot the Californian on those icy roads so you shouldn't be throwing stones at those Texans in that glass house.

Archived