Elon Musk Leaving California for Texas & Nevada

Pac12Fan

On 5/10/2020 at 6:54 AM, Pac12Fan said:

I never lived in the Bay Area. I lived in Southern Cal. I am enjoying Texas as the people are happier and the government works with you, not against you

Also, I know many business owners that left the Bay Area and don’t know a single one that will ever move back.  

LMAO!

What's that again?

cnf2cpgbh8i61.png

3isrrkjvw7i61.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/12/2020 at 6:29 AM, Utefan1211 said:

I sold my house in April to a Californian that left San Jose for a “better standard of living”. He paid full price and is happy about the move. We went to dinner (actually sat down) last night. He is a software engineer for Qualtrics.  Apparently many more Californians will be moving here this year and although many Utahns are not happy about it. I, personally think it is ok. Traffic is the only downfall in my opinion. 

Taxes and safety were his reasons for leaving. According to the buyer, leaving California is a topic that is discussed a lot from Californians. Arizona, Utah and Texas are the States most discussed. 

And someone bought my house in Oregon for $20k above asking price.

I guess people like blue states after all.

22 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

LOL at 89...why buy those snowplows when you only see those types of weather once every decade?  It's not snowplows that they need...it's chlorine tankers that are needed to break up the ice on those roads and states that far south most likely do not have the chlorine variant for deeper freezes that you find in the more northern part of the country so they are stuck one way or the other.  I wouldn't be surprised if Colorado doesn't even have that specific chlorine variant too.

It's easy to spot the Californian on those icy roads so you shouldn't be throwing stones at those Texans in that glass house.

So how was Arkansas so clairvoyant?

Here's the thing about government; when times are good, you resent it, and think it should go away.

When emergencies happen, suddenly you wonder why there was no one planning for the safety of its citizens. 

Ever heard of insurance?  Same principle.

• 3 months later...
On 5/19/2021 at 4:18 PM, Scscsc89 said:

The fantastic thing is the wealthy will still be able to take advantage of Abortion Tourism 

For Thee but not for me.

Exactly.

This truly should be a more consistent talking point from Democrats on the abortion issue.

Overturning Roe doesn't outlaw abortion.  It just outlaws abortion for poor people.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

Exactly.

This truly should be a more consistent talking point from Democrats on the abortion issue.

Overturning Roe doesn't outlaw abortion.  It just outlaws abortion for poor people.

Which keeps them in their cycle of poverty preserving the current power structure for the 1%.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

And thanks to Republicans, veterans cannot deduct that state income tax from their federal taxes.  

Because, #bOtHsIdeS

Can deduct up to $10,000 in state and local tax. But that’s only relevant because of California Dems (or Virginia, Vermont and DC).  One side.

Unlimited SALT deductions were just a way for blue states to take money from the feds without it showing up in those phony charts they print about takers and givers.

4 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Can deduct up to $10,000 in state and local tax. But that’s only relevant because of California Dems (or Virginia, Vermont and DC).  One side.

Unlimited SALT deductions were just a way for blue states to take money from the feds without it showing up in those phony charts they print about takers and givers.

Used to be unlimited.  And you're right, it is only one side that increased taxes for MILLIONS of CA Republicans.  A paltry $20B in deductible state and local tax was gained by the federal government in getting rid of SALT deductions, while Trump ran the debt up by $8 trillion thanks to his tax cuts.

PS: Did you want a "takers and makers" map that takes into account those deductions, or will you concede that it's still almost exclusively red states in the top 10 for "takers"?

Is there some corner of your head where that makes sense? I think we should definitely increase taxes, unless you feel like saddling the ensuing five or 10 generations with bankruptcy, water wars, and more pandemics. 

oh wait, you’re a boomer Republican, of course that’s how you feel. Unbridled, lazy narcissism is a feature for your ilk,  not a bug.   

#notallboomers @Quack 12

I’ve always been for raising taxes on almost everyone.  I don’t think that’s where you are.  Your here complaining about a tax increase that resulted from disallowance of SALT deductions in excess of $10,000.  Having trouble following the conversation?

In California:

Average amount of state income taxes: $3,183.83
Average amount of property taxes: $4,308.09

The average taxpayer still deducts 100% of SALT.  So you say we should pay more tax but in the same breath you oppose a tax that falls mainly on the rich.  Not exactly seeping with intellectual integrity.

I opposed and want all of the Bush and Trump tax cuts eliminated.  That’s not what you want.  You want more from government and you want to pay lower taxes.  You want a buttload of govt benefits and think you can pay for it all by taxing the rich. LOL  Even the Europeans know that doesn’t work.

21 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

I’ve always been for raising taxes on almost everyone.  I don’t think that’s where you are.  Your here complaining about a tax increase that resulted from disallowance of SALT deductions in excess of $10,000.  Having trouble following the conversation?

Are you having trouble with your zany interpretations of what's inside my head?  I'm not complaining about SALT deductions, I'm highlighting the rank hypocrisy of your party's supposed anti-tax position even as they increase taxes on millions of middle-class CA and VT and DC Republicans.  They aren't interested in funding a government responsibly, they're interested in playing partisan games.  Nothing more.  Your party is entirely "OWN THE LIBS" and nothing else.  All ideology is gone.

21 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

In California:

Average amount of state income taxes: $3,183.83
Average amount of property taxes: $4,308.09

The average taxpayer still deducts 100% of SALT.  So you say we should pay more tax but in the same breath you oppose a tax that falls mainly on the rich.  Not exactly seeping with intellectual integrity.

I opposed and want all of the Bush and Trump tax cuts eliminated.  That’s not what you want.  You want more from government and you want to pay lower taxes.  You want a buttload of govt benefits and think you can pay for it all by taxing the rich. LOL  Even the Europeans know that doesn’t work.

I've never fucking once said I want to pay lower taxes.  And precisely zero government benefits would go to me.  My health insurance, income, and all other benefits are entirely dependent on my career.  I've already paid off my student loans, so no forgiveness of them would pass on to me.

I DO want to see my kids and everyone else's kids avoid burdensome debt just because they try to educate themselves and better their position with a college degree.  I DO want to see healthcare dependent not on a job, but dependent on a society that gives a shit about BOTH people's health and their right not to be bankrupted by bad luck owing to poor health.  I DO want to see our environment protected, fewer dollars going to oil & gas and more going to wind, solar, and other forms of energy.  I DO want the care industry to receive a massive infusion of funding (including childcare, pre-K, elder care, etc.).  Unlike you, I think that work is noble, and worthy of quality wages.

I'm willing to pay more taxes for this and I absolutely DEMAND we tax the ever-loving fuck out of the rich for these priorities, because they got rich at the behest of a government that laid the foundation in terms of their infrastructure.

These are called ideas for a better country, and a better world.  You're a Republican, so naturally this concept is foreign as FUCK to you.  Go back to mud-slinging at democrats, since that's the only ideology you understand.

Archived