Which PAC 12 football team most needs a stadium expansion/renovation?

DCtheUteFan

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which PAC 12 football team needs expansion/Renoation

• Arizona
    • Arizona State
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Oregon
    • Oregon State
    • Stanford
    • UCLA
    • USC
    • Utah
    • Washington
    • Washington State

While RES is in great shape, it's too small now that we are in the PAC. We were selling out in the MWC for the likes of Wyoming and New Mexico, now we have USC and Oregon coming by. I think we need at least another 15K at 60K we would still only be in the middle of the PAC.

OS doesn't necessarily need an expansion of great magnitude, but our stadium appears to be half finished. The university segued the success of the teams of the early 2000s in to a new renovated east side of the stadium that is, in my opinion, one of the nicest facilities in the Pac, but it's only half the stadium. They did a small renovation to the south endzone a few years later, but the west side is bad- just a giant rectangular grandstand, probably no better than some of the high schools in Texas. There are fundraising plans happening now, but there are also many projects in the athletic department plan ahead of the west side expansion. A season or two like 2000 could change that tune pretty quick though.

oregon-state-university-stadiums-reser-stadium-on-game-day-os-s-x-00006lg.jpg

The image is oriented north at the top. The plan, or so I've heard, is to match the shape of the east side for the west side expansion, and then phase 4 will renovate the Valley Center (the football offices, locker room, banquet room, etc) and the north end. Capacity now is 45,000 and planned capacity after all phases will be just shy of 60,000.

RAT

Rat, I've never been to Reser but I always thought that the stadium looks beautiful...on tv at least. And I am always so surprised by how small it is b/c the crowd sounds super loud on TV. Or maybe that's cuz anytime I watch, they're playing USC?

Rat, I've never been to Reser but I always thought that the stadium looks beautiful...on tv at least. And I am always so surprised by how small it is b/c the crowd sounds super loud on TV. Or maybe that's cuz anytime I watch, they're playing USC?

LOL. The last few times the Trojans have come to town there has been reason for loud cheering, but Reser can get very loud otherwise. It can also get so quiet you can hear crickets. In my playing experience, I only experienced Autzen and Sun Devil Stadium being louder than Reser- of course I'm sure Husky Stadium and the Coliseum can get loud too.

And unfortunately, the stadium is only half beautiful. :)

LOL. The last few times the Trojans have come to town there has been reason for loud cheering, but Reser can get very loud otherwise. It can also get so quiet you can hear crickets. In my playing experience, I only experienced Autzen and Sun Devil Stadium being louder than Reser- of course I'm sure Husky Stadium and the Coliseum can get loud too.

And unfortunately, the stadium is only half beautiful. :)

you sneaky beaves. now i realized it's the side that they show on tv lol

This is where the PAC really needs to step up its game as a bunch. The Smallest stadium should be 50,000 and the largest 100,000(USC when they renovate the Coliseum).

Hopefully most AD's will realize that the proper way to make a college football stadium is to make a large LOWER bowl and a half as large UPPER bowl as seen with most Big Ten/SEC stadiums.(Stanford apparently didn't realize this, oh well)

Right now, Sun Devil Stadium pretty much goes against the normal architecture as the LOWER/UPPER bowl seating ratio is about 54/46(needs to be closer to 70/30). I hope Crow realizes this before he goes out wasting our money on a pointless renovation.

I heard that there's a $260 million facilities improvement effort soon to be announced by the CU AD. Is that true?

It could happen next month or this summer. Next month makes sense since it will be during the spring football game.

The Coliseum is way out dated and is need of some serious attention. And it won't let me vote in the poll... Lame.

It frustrating that we're handcuffed by the three inept entities that own/run the Coliseum. USC is the only one that cares about her and has the money to give her a facelift...no one wants a huge change because of it's great tradition, just modernize the facility.

How many other programs around the country play football in a National Historic Landmark, other than USC and UCLA?

It frustrating that we're handcuffed by the three inept entities that own/run the Coliseum. USC is the only one that cares about her and has the money to give her a facelift...no one wants a huge change because of it's great tradition, just modernize the facility.

How many other programs around the country play football in a National Historic Landmark, other than USC and UCLA?

I'm sure Pac-12 schools have their unique challenges in getting their stadiums upgraded.

I voted Utah...having just 45k won't get it done if Utah wants to be big time in football...same goes for Oregon State.

Given how well CU did at the gates during Hawkins' disastorious regin and last season, Folsom Field needs to be expanded so CU can meet the demand for more tickets once the Buffs start winning games like they used to. I thought CU would go around 30k per game but at least 40k to 50k still showed for CU games. Just look at last year's USC-CU game for instance.

I think expanding Autzen needs to be considered as well. They are one of just two Pac-12 states to not have a NFL team in that state and the same goes for Reser.

i'm the only one who voted for Wazzou.... Granted I've never been there but It looks small, shitty and old. am i missing something here? Do naked chicks greet fans at the gate or something cuz why am i the only one who voted for wazzou?

I agree. I didn't vote, but Martin Stadium could really use some sprucing up. I know they have some long range plans but I'm not sure how far along they are or even what they are. Utah's stadium seems pretty nice to me; maybe do a little work to cover up all the exposed girding?

• 2 weeks later...

While RES is in great shape, it's too small now that we are in the PAC. We were selling out in the MWC for the likes of Wyoming and New Mexico, now we have USC and Oregon coming by. I think we need at least another 15K at 60K we would still only be in the middle of the PAC.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Don't over expand; Autzen has a reputation (well deserved) as one of the most fearsome CFB venues in the country, with only 54,000 seats. Cameron Indoor is a similar venue (small, but NO ONE wants to play there). You want people packed in, less than sober and glad they were able to get a ticket, not sitting around with picnic blankets eating cheese and crackers.

Don't over expand; Autzen has a reputation (well deserved) as one of the most fearsome CFB venues in the country, with only 54,000 seats. Cameron Indoor is a similar venue (small, but NO ONE wants to play there). You want people packed in, less than sober and glad they were able to get a ticket, not sitting around with picnic blankets eating cheese and crackers.

That's fine...but it's not big time. Big programs won't think the payout is worth it.

That's fine...but it's not big time. Big programs won't think the payout is worth it.

It is what it is. NO ONE west of the Rockies needs over 95k seats, and USC is probably the only one that needs over 70k. USC 90k, UW 70k, UCLA 70k, ASU 70k, UO 65k, CU 55k, UA 55k, Cal 50k, Stanford 50k, UU 50k, OSU 45k, WSU 40k would be optimal seating for league teams (all of course hypothetical, though some are about current).

Archived