Which PAC 12 football team most needs a stadium expansion/renovation?

DCtheUteFan

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which PAC 12 football team needs expansion/Renoation

• Arizona
    • Arizona State
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Oregon
    • Oregon State
    • Stanford
    • UCLA
    • USC
    • Utah
    • Washington
    • Washington State

Autzen needs to be 70k+. It's crazy to think we couldn't sell that out and not make it as loud as the "54k" it holds now. For those that don't know it holds officially 54k, but with SRO seats it regularly gets to 59-60k every week.

Autzen needs to be 70k+. It's crazy to think we couldn't sell that out and not make it as loud as the "54k" it holds now. For those that don't know it holds officially 54k, but with SRO seats it regularly gets to 59-60k every week.

I'm convinced Oregon is in for the long haul with our football program; our fist NC game wasn't our last. BUT... I just don't know that we will consistently have the demand for 70k seats. You've gotta remember, a lot of Big 10 schools have 50K+ students, and have for a long time. We have half that. You also can't take a ski trip or go to the coast on Saturday in Wisconsin. In the SEC a lot of the schools maybe be about our size, but again, there is no skiing, no nice coast, not even an NBA or MLS game to go to. And football, particularly college football, is embedded in the culture.

I'm convinced Oregon is in for the long haul with our football program; our fist NC game wasn't our last. BUT... I just don't know that we will consistently have the demand for 70k seats. You've gotta remember, a lot of Big 10 schools have 50K+ students, and have for a long time. We have half that. You also can't take a ski trip or go to the coast on Saturday in Wisconsin. In the SEC a lot of the schools maybe be about our size, but again, there is no skiing, no nice coast, not even an NBA or MLS game to go to. And football, particularly college football, is embedded in the culture.

Very good point about not expanding Autzen given that every Pac-12 football game will be on TV beginning this season. Recruits from across the country will love seeing those crazy Quackheads filling up the stands. Perhaps more suites & club seats will be built instead. But Oregon in addition to Utah are the only Pac-12 states without a NFL franchise so the three programs in those states ought to take advantage and build while at it just like Nebraska and Oklahoma have done for years. Not expanding or building upon that success could be viewed as a sign of weakness.

Archived