Would you attend a football game right now?

Scscsc89

Would you attend a football game right now?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. If your school offered a socially-distanced, masks-required college football game at the same price as last year, would you attend?

the only way I would consider it (and I still would be hesitant) would be like you suggested - masks were made mandatory and you could reasonably social distance to some level (example: 10k were allowed in a 40k stadium) and there were some restroom restrictions.

I voted no on principle of not wanting to be in close proximity of thousands of random people during a pandemic but to be fair I refuse to go to any sporting event that serves alcohol even under normal circumstances.

The vast majority of people who WOULD jump at the chance to go to a football game right now are the very ones who denied the import of this virus in the first place, didn't wear masks, have had backyard BBQs throughout, etc.  And they probably wouldn't wear a mask to the game.  AND, fuck if I wanna try and get a hold of an N95 mask right now to protect myself.

No way.  Even if everything was set up perfectly, the poorly ventilated restroom situation is a disaster waiting to happen as is waiting in line to get into the stadium.  No thanks, I’ll watch on my tv and drink my favorite wines while inadvertently scaring my dog whenever Cal scores a TD.  

16 hours ago, glduck said:
Sticking to COVID but veering the conversation slightly: an NWSL team went to a bar in Florida, and now they have to drop out of an upcoming tournament.

Apparently the backstory is that a bunch of younger players went out clubbing & the “veterans” aren’t happy about it.  Will be interesting to see how other leagues try to enforce this.

Archived