Around the Pac 12 North

SunDevilPD

It’s beyond the point of recognizing there can’t be on campus classes, dorms, frats or sororities and hence, fall sports.  The young are the major force in new cases and are spreading it like wildfire.  Average age of cases in some places is 21 and overall average age of new cases has dropped from near 50 to 33.  Going ahead with a season now seems near criminal.

Selfishly, i’m hoping for an television almost only NFL Season And spring college football.  I’d love spring college football every year.  10 months of Football?  I’m in.

If only the Republican governors in those states had bothered to issue smart, consistent messaging that coincided with CDC guidance, maybe "the young" you rant about wouldn't have been super-spreaders?  Somehow, Oregon/NY/MN/MA, etc. have eliminated "the young" from their populations?

Yeah I just imagine if those Republican governors, and the governor of California, had just explained That they shouldn’t get drunk, get high or get laid Even though they are unlikely to suffer any serious short term or long term consequences.

16 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Yeah I just imagine if those Republican governors, and the governor of California, had just explained That they shouldn’t get drunk, get high or get laid Even though they are unlikely to suffer any serious short term or long term consequences.

Again, there are young people in places like NY, MA, OR, WA, MN, etc., yet those states, with proper, consistent messaging, got the pandemic under control by June.

Is it just a different breed of "the young" in FL, AZ, TX?  Is that your contention?  Did you know that the hardest-hit county in CA, per capita, is a southeastern county that borders AZ?

Desantis, Abbot, and whatever degenerate runs AZ either never really closed their economies, or reopened wayyyy too early, and these are the consequences.  This isn't purely an example of kids being stupid.  South Carolina, GA, Tennessee, LA, etc.  These states are the current hotspots.

Again, it's INCREDIBLE how Gen Z managed to move to Red States over the past three months, leaving almost all of the Northeast completely free of "the young."

Archived