PAC-12 going to conference only for football season

mugtang

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol, I hope the playoff committee takes into account the Pac 12 will be far and away the weakest P5 conference if their players miss fall camp. 

Don't look now, but COVID cases are a screaming wildfire throughout the south and places in the midwest.  I've no clue why you think this is a Pac-12 issue.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/indiana-freshman-brady-feeney-seriously-ill-covid-19

"Unfortunately this virus hit my son very hard compared to most of his teammates. Here was a kid in perfect health, great physical condition and due to the virus ended up going to the ER because of breathing issues. After 14 days of hell battling the horrible virus, his school did additional testing on all those that were positive. My son even recieved extra tests because he was one of the worst cases. 

"Now we are dealing with possible heart issues! He is still experiencing additional symptoms and his blood work is indicating additional problems. Bottom line, even if your son’s schools do everything right to protect them, they CAN’T PROTECT THEM!!

As much as I love college football, I don't think they should play until there is a vaccine or the virus is played out. It is extremely unfair to ask these college kids to risk their health for our entertainment.

I'm prepared for no football season and that has been that way since the spring.  Do I think they should play?  No.  Could money trump all reason? Yes.

Just go play football video games if you want a taste of football this season.  I played NCAA Football 14 for at least six to seven years before Madden NFL 20 was able to replace it because it has the RPO and Madden NFL 21 is going to allow you to play two years of college football for one of 10 teams (USC and UO are the Pac-12 schools in the game as in past seasons).  Even with Madden Mobile, you can still use a Xbox One or PlayStation 4 controller with your phone.  The players move pretty smoothly for a mobile game.

19 hours ago, Mano said:

As much as I love college football, I don't think they should play until there is a vaccine or the virus is played out. It is extremely unfair to ask these college kids to risk their health for our entertainment.

are you not entertained russell crowe GIF

On 8/3/2020 at 8:13 AM, Orange said:

Don't look now, but COVID cases are a screaming wildfire throughout the south and places in the midwest.  I've no clue why you think this is a Pac-12 issue.

Here.  You can really tell the difference in maturity between MWC athletes and Pac 12 athletes.  MWC athletes are men, with reasonable demands.  Pac 12 athletes are boys, with spoiled entitled, insane demands.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Or, and stay with me here, MWC football players are fucking pussies who love taking it up the ass from authority?

P12 athletes showed they clearly have tutors doing their school work for them.

None could pass a high school econ class.

MWC players, men with common sense.

Pac 12 players.  Boys with entitlement issues.  Just sit out.  The schools can't pay what you are demanding, so sit out.  Bye.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Pac 12 players.  Boys with entitlement issues.  Just sit out.  The schools can't pay what you are demanding, so sit out.  Bye.

You’re goofy as fuck, dude. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If you’re trolling, you’re not funny enough. 

If you’re serious, you’re insane.  

5 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Gross generalizations aside:

RZumbML.jpg

What American football player anywhere at any level ever refers to a "match."

None, which means none of them wrote this shit.  It's some made-up shit, and there will be just as much dissension in the ranks the minute one of those programs has an outbreak (and they will).

Also, what bargaining power does some shitty MWC player have?  Sorry, but P5 players ACTUALLY have a leg to stand on when they demand compensation for providing for-profit entertainment.

MWC is a lost-leading shitbag conference.  I'm sure the Sun Belt players are gracious about all this, too.

2 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

So according to Half & Half, all MWC athletes are reasonable men.

Everyone on this board is too.  Which has about the same validity...

Here's the deal.  MWC "athletes" are forced to ask for less, because more than half of their schools are broke, with athletic department debt piling up and no viable income stream to fend it off in future years.  The definition of all MWC schools is a group of wannabes that wants an invitation to the big P5 party, but the reality is that they're all going to sit home, waiting for a call that will never come.

Archived