Feds invade Portland

DenverUte13

I was shocked when I heard last week (and I thought nothing Drumph did would surprise me) that the administration has gone full autocrat and has sent federal employees to invade Portland driving unmarked vehicles, with no identifying tags or patches on their uniforms. The "president" over the weekend said he may expand to other cities. I never thought I'd agree so much with a political ad (link below), especially one created by former republican operatives.

https://news.yahoo.com/lincoln-project-stark-ad-portland-033700756.html

The Lincoln Project has been doing some cool shit, for sure.

Oregon's AG is suing the federal government, and I have no doubt we'll win.  However, I also have no doubt that this pigheaded autocrat in the oval will refuse to obey the order, because he's made very clear that "rule of law" applies only to everyone else except him and his Klan posse.

Yeah, from everything I've heard, any damage/rioting is still limited to about 4 square blocks around the justice center, yet the nat'l media makes it seem like Portland is razed to the ground.

I wish they'd say that about Bend, too.

2A nuts: kids getting shot in classrooms is an acceptable price to pay for the freedom to own my own personal armory, because some day the government might show up in vans with heavy artillery. 

Also 2A nuts: hope the government cracks some skulls! hell yeah!

They're replacing the feds with state troopers (you know, the guys who say "fuck Kate Brown" to baristas).

It's time to absolutely FUCK the law enforcement and military budgets in this country.  I've had enough.  Every intelligent person has had enough.  We can't even do a full school year (WITHOUT a pandemic) or fund universal pre-K, but the pentagon gets another $30B for additional military spending in a fucking CORONAVIRUS BILL, including a jet that the military doesn't want and which barely flies?  $1.75 billion to rebuild an FBI building?

Fuck this shit.  Fuck Republicans.  They're vile, anti-American people.

I just don't get that republicans don't see the hypocrisy in Trump sending untrained thugs in response to protesting police violence, while doing nothing when armed rednecks and racists threaten the life of a governor in response to making wearing a mask mandatory in Michigan in the middle of a pandemic.

I hate playing their game of calling people un-American, but supporting this idiot is truly not only un-American, but anti-American. 

30 minutes ago, DenverUte13 said:

sorry orange, I didn't mean to plagiarize your post, I missed the last piece of your comment when I made mine. 

Not at all, I’m happy that sentiment is widespread beyond my own brain.     

Archived