Random

KUGRDON

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'd be unemployable?

He didn't die in 1965, dude.  He lived til 2011, and ALWAYS had a voice.

Stop all this grievance bullshit about free speech; the fact that Bari Weiss and Andrew Sullivan and others who bitch and moan about being "cancelled" voluntarily quit illustrious positions with huge platforms is proof-positive they have zero point to peddle.

Also, who came up with the statistic that "1.5% of Harvard faculty are conservative"?

When conservatives back into an entrenched, alt-right position on the extreme right, it isn't some sign that the left is failing to compromise.  Only one party actually ELECTED their own "cancel culture" voices to the presidency.

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

Isnt there somewhere in the middle?  I really doubt clyburn was saying do nothing.  But messaging does matter, fuck, for better or worse slogans matter.  

I agree. A slogan of "Reform the Police" that means essentially the same thing would have been much more palatable. The general public is not going to get the nuances, they assume "Defund the Police" means Anarchy. 

It would be nice if we would aspire to understand nuance and encourage intellectual curiosity, rather than condemn slogans for not capturing all the nuance.

I truly think more than half of Americans would be on board with re-appropriating funds from police/military to agencies/programs that actually help people if they actually understand that's what the proposal is.

9 minutes ago, Orange said:

It would be nice if we would aspire to understand nuance and encourage intellectual curiosity, rather than condemn slogans for not capturing all the nuance.

I truly think more than half of Americans would be on board with re-appropriating funds from police/military to agencies/programs that actually help people if they actually understand that's what the proposal is.

Should we aspire to that?  Of course.  I just know that is not where we are.  It’s much, much easier to take clips or slogans and run with them.  So until then, I’d argue it is important to understand that.

18 minutes ago, Orange said:

How about better words than DEFUND?

7 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

How about better words than DEFUND?

I understand we can't use that word with you, because there's literally nothing that you won't willfully misunderstand, but it would behoove others to understand the relationship black people have had with police in this country since 1787. 

I'm tired of the lecturing from the moderates in the middle.  LEARN our country's history, and its throughline to the present, particularly as it pertains to police.  Police are enforcers of segregation.  They always have been.  Have you never found that interesting, or do you just not care?

15 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

Should we aspire to that?  Of course.  I just know that is not where we are.  It’s much, much easier to take clips or slogans and run with them.  So until then, I’d argue it is important to understand that.

I don't foresee ANY slogan proffered by the Left that the Right would consider, or respect.

I think we waste our time with moderate republicans.  That fantasy of bringing them into the fold has been peddled to me EVERY election cycle, and it's always a mirage.  Fuck the Lincoln Project, fuck Mitt Romnery and Kasich.  Those guys don't like those slogans, and I get that.  I just don't care.  I truly truly do not believe the democratic party should waste its time trying to change those minds.

32 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Wonder how many moderate Dems are ready to move over to the R side like one who was re-elected after doing that.

RED WAVE 2022.

Admit it, you voted for trump.  You're still doing the cultish all-caps routine.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Admit it, you voted for trump.  You're still doing the cultish all-caps routine.

I didn't vote for Trump.  Went third party and even if I wanted Trump out, I didn't have to vote for Biden since I knew who was getting Colorado's vote so I didn't have to cross over.

1 hour ago, CRBuff said:

Why, at the moment do you see a red wave?  Everything lined up for a blue wave and it didn’t really happen (all in all).  In today’s political environment, I feel like we are at 48/48 in almost every election.

I was expecting the blue wave and by not having that happen, it was clear that this country has rejected the far left positions of the Democrat Party.  That's why I was not too upset about this recent election plus the Senate control won't be established until January.  In this case when electing an incumbent, usually the opposing party picks up seats in Congress.  That didn't happen in the House and it looks like the GOP will keep the Senate.  Fast forward to 2022, it seems reasonable that the GOP will keep picking up seats in the House...maybe enough to get control of the House.  The Senate would stay red in that scenario.

At the same time in January or February of this year, Trump appeared to be well on his way to re-election and then COVID-19 showed up.  We'll see about that.  If Trump is still seen as the force behind the GOP, it's possible the blue wave that was supposed to come this year comes in 2022 instead.

I think I need some more cans of tomato sauce to wash off the stink that was my support for Biden.  But it had to be done because it is COUNTRY, PARTY, then SELF.  In Trump's mind, it's the opposite of that.  That's one big reason why he was voted out.

12 minutes ago, glduck said:

Why is there stink on you for voting for a milquetoast moderate like Biden? 

You ever stop by the zoo section where donkeys are?  They stink.

I told my fellow conservatives that I wasn't voting for Trump and their reactions to me was as if I literally stunk hence the tomato can comments.

35 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

You ever stop by the zoo section where donkeys are?  They stink.

I told my fellow conservatives that I wasn't voting for Trump and their reactions to me was as if I literally stunk hence the tomato can comments.

Those sentence tell us (a) your attempts at jokes are fucking stupid and (b) you're weak.

Anyway, you just said you voted 3rd party, so you didn't support Biden.  Are your friends such die-hard fascists and racists that if you don't show vote for Trump they hate you?  Or did you forget to tell them you voted 3rd party?

PS: Elephants smell even worse, but not as bad as Mitch McConnell's rotting flesh.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

I was expecting the blue wave and by not having that happen, it was clear that this country has rejected the far left positions of the Democrat Party.  That's why I was not too upset about this recent election plus the Senate control won't be established until January.  In this case when electing an incumbent, usually the opposing party picks up seats in Congress.  That didn't happen in the House and it looks like the GOP will keep the Senate.  Fast forward to 2022, it seems reasonable that the GOP will keep picking up seats in the House...maybe enough to get control of the House.  The Senate would stay red in that scenario.

At the same time in January or February of this year, Trump appeared to be well on his way to re-election and then COVID-19 showed up.  We'll see about that.  If Trump is still seen as the force behind the GOP, it's possible the blue wave that was supposed to come this year comes in 2022 instead.

I think I need some more cans of tomato sauce to wash off the stink that was my support for Biden.  But it had to be done because it is COUNTRY, PARTY, then SELF.  In Trump's mind, it's the opposite of that.  That's one big reason why he was voted out.

The reason a huge blue wave didn't happen in 2020 is because a MASSIVE blue wave already happened in 2018.  Hard to build in more blue voters when you've already run out of them 2 years prior.  

Regardless, this election was won by black voters in ATL and Philly.  It was NOT won by red-state moderates.

Archived