Only Big 5 Not to Play Football?

Utefan1211

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Whether it's true or not is totally fucking irrelevant.  Anyway, I shared it WEEKS ago.  Can you read date stamps?

The virus is not under control.  Unless we're putting college football players in a bubble a la the NBA (something the NCAA has dismissed as an idea), then continuing with the season right now is lunacy.  I'm a bit surprised you're defending it at all.

Yes, you shared it weeks ago and the data was immediately scrutinized minutes after that report was released, hence my surprise.

as evidenced by numerous posts on this site as well as others, I was not in favor of players playing.  However, instant testing changes that as it creates as close to a perfect situation as possible.  I also think that the structure these student athletes obtain by the very nature of being student athletes will help keep them safer than if left to their own devices.  All I have to do is recall my own experiences as a youth and reflect on how I behaved and made decisions  with and without structure, to come to this conclusion.  

Furthermore, sports are being played across the country with minimal spread and that was before instant testing.  Instant daily testing will essentially prevent anyone who has COVID from spreading it to their teammates as players will be tested before they are allowed to use facilities.  

1 hour ago, All Hail said:

Yes, you shared it weeks ago and the data was immediately scrutinized minutes after that report was released, hence my surprise.

MINUTES after it was released?  I didn't see that.  Regardless, even without heart complications (which do still exist), increasing virus spread among students and their families is just plain fucking stupid.  All in the name of lining pockets of universities and media companies?

as evidenced by numerous posts on this site as well as others, I was not in favor of players playing.  However, instant testing changes that as it creates as close to a perfect situation as possible.

It creates a great situation for getting the virus under control.  However, community spread is still rampant, so instant testing doesn't help much until we're able to get community spread under control.  

I also think that the structure these student athletes obtain by the very nature of being student athletes will help keep them safer than if left to their own devices.  All I have to do is recall my own experiences as a youth and reflect on how I behaved and made decisions  with and without structure, to come to this conclusion.  

I don't understand this.  College teams - along with coaches, training staff, medical staff, support staff, team managers, etc. -- crisscrossing regions of the country on flights, buses, and hotels is better than keeping students in one place?

Furthermore, sports are being played across the country with minimal spread and that was before instant testing.  Instant daily testing will essentially prevent anyone who has COVID from spreading it to their teammates as players will be tested before they are allowed to use facilities.  

"Minimal spread"?  What headlines are you reading?  Based on what I'm seeing, games are being canceled left and right because of infections.  SMU/TCU was canceled.  There are reports of dozens of positive tests at single programs.

Where are you getting this?

9 hours ago, Orange said:

If you're papag (and I'm 90% sure you are), then fuck you.  You're banned again.

If you're not, why would I give a fuck what an alleged "newbie" who has allegedly been "lurking" for days says?  First, EVERYONE says that bullshit when they're trying to come in and sound like they're neutral "i'Ve beEn lUrKinG aNd yoU'Re mEaN."  That's a classic sock puppet move.

Second, sports are now canceled because we have a shit president who fucked up a pandemic response.  OF COURSE we inject politics into every discussion.  Our very democracy is at stake, and that affects EVERYTHING, including the sports we can no longer play thanks to horrible leadership causing disease and civic strife.

If you don't like it, take a long walk off a short pier.

Sincerely,

all of us.

I haven't been lurking for days, it's been years bud.  All you do is whine and cry about politics.  You let it infect just about every conversation you're involved in.  Site traffic even prior to the pandemic was borderline pathetic and now it's nearly nonexistent.  Why is that?  The only hope this board has is you leaving(unlikely), changing your ways(highly unlikely), or OSU getting the boot from the conference.   I fear you would still be here even if that happened though.   

New article on cardiac impacts of COVID. My take away from the article: it is an evolving issue, but there appears to be considerable evidence that indicates that we should be concerned about cardiac impacts for anyone that has recovered from COVID. 

https://news.yahoo.com/post-covid-heart-damage-alarms-researchers-there-was-a-black-hole-in-infected-cells-172015067.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb&tsrc=fb

14 hours ago, Trigg3r said:

I haven't been lurking for days, it's been years bud.  All you do is whine and cry about politics.  You let it infect just about every conversation you're involved in.  Site traffic even prior to the pandemic was borderline pathetic and now it's nearly nonexistent.  Why is that?  The only hope this board has is you leaving(unlikely), changing your ways(highly unlikely), or OSU getting the boot from the conference.   I fear you would still be here even if that happened though.   

You're adorable.

Fuck off, please.

13 hours ago, row Z said:

New article on cardiac impacts of COVID. My take away from the article: it is an evolving issue, but there appears to be considerable evidence that indicates that we should be concerned about cardiac impacts for anyone that has recovered from COVID. 

https://news.yahoo.com/post-covid-heart-damage-alarms-researchers-there-was-a-black-hole-in-infected-cells-172015067.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb&tsrc=fb

Apparently the answer to this is make sure MORE college football teams are flying all over the country?  

steve brule GIF

Archived