Site Redesign

Orange

1 hour ago, azgreg said:

There's a whole thread on that topic somewhere.

Apparently (I haven't read it) it's existence didn't result in any serious changes.  In what should be a collegial forum, more is done to drive people away than bring them aboard. It's fundamentally more important to address that than to have blue borders for the text-block or snazzy yellow across the heading.  There's a way to disagree with people without demeaning them, with facts rather than name-calling.  Inexplicably, It seems lost on a board rightly boasting six of the top 40 universities in the world.

2 hours ago, EastCoastFan said:

Apparently (I haven't read it) it's existence didn't result in any serious changes.  In what should be a collegial forum, more is done to drive people away than bring them aboard. It's fundamentally more important to address that than to have blue borders for the text-block or snazzy yellow across the heading.  There's a way to disagree with people without demeaning them, with facts rather than name-calling.  Inexplicably, It seems lost on a board rightly boasting six of the top 40 universities in the world.

I don't really care about four letter words, can have a perfectly cordial conversation even though cursing is used. Personal attacks, on the other hand, need to be curbed. Perfectly ok to attack positions, or behavior, but personal attacks need to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Certainly there has to be some local filters one could apply to their own browser to censor potty words if they are bothered and let everyone else communicate how it has been, right? I'm no computer surgeon, but that seems like something that is possible. 

EVERY one of my favorite people in the world cuss. Frankly, I find it to be a sign of intelligence when one can emote properly with fricatives.

On 9/10/2020 at 6:22 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Despicable Me Lol GIF

Archived