The Case for Court-Packing

Scscsc89

5 hours ago, Mano said:

I could see option 2.

On another note, just imagine the wailing by the GOP if Biden signed off on it after appearing to oppose it before the election.

The GOP will definitely shed some crocodile tears but their goal in this would simply be to bring it to the Supreme Court (another reason why they pushed Barrett through quickly) where they feel even if Roberts sides to the left on this that they’ll have the other 5 in their pocket to strike it down.

6 hours ago, clpp01 said:

The GOP will definitely shed some crocodile tears but their goal in this would simply be to bring it to the Supreme Court (another reason why they pushed Barrett through quickly) where they feel even if Roberts sides to the left on this that they’ll have the other 5 in their pocket to strike it down.

I don't see how they would possibly have a leg to stand on constitutionally,  as it clearly spells out that setting the size of the court is up to congress,  and the size has been changed before in the past. Would truly have to be a kangaroo court to strike it down.

19 minutes ago, Mano said:

I don't see how they would possibly have a leg to stand on constitutionally,  as it clearly spells out that setting the size of the court is up to congress,  and the size has been changed before in the past. Would truly have to be a kangaroo court to strike it down.

Which is precisely what we have.  Fuck, Kavanaugh just said in a concurring opinion that votes counted AFTER election day could "flip" the results and somehow that's not constitutional (nevermind that votes have NEVER been completely tallied on election day in the history of elections).

We have one party in this country that basically wants tyrannical rule.  Full stop.

When you're in a rush to steal an election on behalf of your dictatorial master, mistakes can be made.

I used to think (a) the presidency would instill a sense of awe and propriety in those who undertake the office and (b) justices who wear the black robes frequently bend to the overriding question of rule of law and put away partisan charades once they're confronted with being part of such an esteemed institution.

It's very sad to me that these institutions have been proven so disposable by horrific actors, and the legions of mongrels who support them.  Including every single male member of my family over the age of 45.

Archived