UW @ Cal

Scscsc89

12 hours ago, row Z said:

this statement makes no sense to me. If you test negative, you don't need treatment. 

If you're exposed to COVID, you don't always immediately test positive.  That's why people who are exposed are advised by the CDC to quarantine until a negative test a few days later clears you.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

If you're exposed to COVID, you don't always immediately test positive.  That's why people who are exposed are advised by the CDC to quarantine until a negative test a few days later clears you.

Right. I get that. Maybe there was no reasonable way to allow the exposed d-line players to play this Saturday because the incubation period won't necessarily show a positive test result for a few days.

But, the policy apparently requires a quarantine of 14 days.  That seems excessive to me. If the exposed d line players test negative for the next 5 days, shouldn't that be enough to allow them to play next weekend v. ASU? I know ER docs go back to work after contact with COVID positive patients unless they test positive.  Granted, they are wearing significant PPE unlike football players and their services are essential. 

I think it makes total sense for the local officials to have a 14-day quarantine requirement for everyday people that aren’t getting quick-tests every day like these players.

My question is — didn’t anyone on the P12 side foresee this & seek an exception?

9 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

I think it makes total sense for the local officials to have a 14-day quarantine requirement for everyday people that aren’t getting quick-tests every day like these players.

My question is — didn’t anyone on the P12 side foresee this & seek an exception?

larry.jpg

We should have started the season a week or two earlier with at least one bye week.  Most Pac-12 teams wanted the earlier start but were shouted down.  Now if this continues, we're about to have the season blown up.  It'll reek havoc on the remaining bowl games.  Maybe an extension into January for the regular season won't be a bad idea.  On the other hand, maybe playing football at all is the bad idea.

Archived