Pac-12 Week 2

PAC MAN

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so easy to see UCLA as an inferior team after the Buffs led 35-7 at one point but that had a lot to do with UCLA shooting themselves in the foot with four first half turnovers.  Will that be fixed in practice this week?  Just two Ute defensive starters are back for this season.  Also who will the Ute QB and RB be?  We didn't get a chance to see that thanks to the Berkeley bureaucrats.

I think you guys take our defense apart. Run first then pass.  deLaura is as new to me as he is to you, makes me nervous.  If Borghi still out think you get a big win.  Last night was fun though, just too new for me to be confident.  Kid has no conscience though, gotta like that.  Kinda like VAJ?

This is both exciting and disconcerting not having any idea what to expect on the next play.  Leach era definitely over.

Speaking of de Laura, the former Hawaii starter who looked like a surfer dude comes to mind.  He had his ups and downs in the new Coug offense and I think de Laura could have a down game against that Ducks pass rush but it's nice to have some depth in the RB corps.  I'm sure the OSU defensive guys were having to watch de Laura's HS tapes to see what kind of QB he is but that only goes so far.  Ducks will have game tape of de Laura and try to figure him out.

UW's players are chomping at the bit to play and didn't get to play at Cal which puts OSU in a bind.  What kind of UW team will the Beavers face especially on offense?  Huskies D will have the game tape on the Beavers O.  I smell a rout for the Huskies but it's still 2020.

Wonder if @azgreg is hoping the USC game gets canceled so he will not be subject to watching the Trojans cut the Wildcats up on live TV.  Is there a basketball scrimmage to watch instead?

Will Cal be able to show up in Tempe to play the Sun Devils?  After the recent loss to USC, ASU fans might wish they had COVID-19...hard to live that one down.

Will CU continue to look as sharp on offense against a stronger defense and can the Buffs defense learn how to defend screen type of plays and pass catching TEs which Stanford has a history of producing good TEs?

I'd be unhappy with my state's governor even if he's a GOP one over that seemingly last minute mask mandate and it caused the Buffs to miss games.

9 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I wonder if Utah were to be banned from practice for two weeks, flew out to SoCal on midnight flight friday/saturday, and played at the Rose Bowl a few hours later, if UCLA could keep it within 5 scores?

If Utah was banned from practice for two weeks, the UCLA game is probably off for safety reasons for the Ute players.  I don't think football is a sport where you can miss two weeks and then get back into a game without suffering quite a few injuries.

If UCLA takes care of the ball against the Utes, they got a chance at the win.  Or use a bye week to prepare for the trip to Eugene.  Did someone with the Bruins AD tick off someone at the league office or was it just luck not on UCLA's side?

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

I'd be unhappy with my state's governor even if he's a GOP one over that seemingly last minute mask mandate and it caused the Buffs to miss games.

If Utah was banned from practice for two weeks, the UCLA game is probably off for safety reasons for the Ute players.  I don't think football is a sport where you can miss two weeks and then get back into a game without suffering quite a few injuries.

If UCLA takes care of the ball against the Utes, they got a chance at the win.  Or use a bye week to prepare for the trip to Eugene.  Did someone with the Bruins AD tick off someone at the league office or was it just luck not on UCLA's side?

The priority has to be safety, not a meaningless (big picture) football game.  Mask mandates are a reaction to current circumstances.  I’d love to see football, but it isn’t that important.

Just now, CRBuff said:

The priority has to be safety, not a meaningless (big picture) football game.  Mask mandates are a reaction to current circumstances.  I’d love to see football, but it isn’t that important.

I'm with you on safety > football.  It's also fair to ask if the Pac-12 should have started on time this year like the others and got as many games in as possible but I still think the Pac-12 executives made the right call in this case.

2 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I'm with you on safety > football.  It's also fair to ask if the Pac-12 should have started on time this year like the others and got as many games in as possible but I still think the Pac-12 executives made the right call in this case.

They did it, like always, for the money.  Now it is going to backfire spectacularly.  Which does suck.

1 minute ago, CRBuff said:

They did it, like always, for the money.  Now it is going to backfire spectacularly.  Which does suck.

Who knows about those future litigations against the ACC, B1G, SEC, etc for causing permanent damage internally to people.

Archived