Bowl Games: A Thread

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the Texas/CU game shows is that when two teams are both down a lot of starters and backups, the most telling measure is the quality of depth.  That's when a team like Texas, with a group of four-

They didn't pull out because it was Army as the opponent, that is some made up nonsense trying to connect a stupid political point. UCLA, and a few others, puled out because everyone is getting COVID

end thread  

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

And Bug misses Karl Dorrell.

I doubt this hugely.  I'm old enough to remember Bug cursing his name more than a few times.

12 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Did you miss Obama everytime you brought him up? 🤷‍♂️

C'mon you are better than politics in the sports section.  You should have asked me about Neuweasel.

On 1/3/2021 at 2:31 PM, MrBug708 said:

I'd say a championship in a COVID year doesnt really hold the same value, but the Dodgers and Lakers won, so it's legit in my eyes

as a SF Giants fan this pains me to say, but you could argue that both the Dodgers and Lakers Championships were more legitimate based on a few factors as well. Namely neither team had home field advantage even though both teams earned them.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

C'mon you are better than politics in the sports section.  You should have asked me about Neuweasel.

What was political about it? But at least you knew your original statement was nonsense by the deflection.

I can't put my finger on it, but both programs are boring. I know they are good, but the teams look the same year after year and there is no interesting narrative. 

Its not good for the sport to have a few programs be this dominant. They should expand the playoff to 8 and allow each power 5 winner an auto entry. That would go a long way to balancing parity (recruiting, TV interest, revenue, coaching retention, etc.), and increasing overall interest.

This CFP was boring to the average viewer. They will kill the golden goose if they stay on the same path. 

• Like 1

My friend at work who graduated from Northwestern on who he was going to root for in the champ game:

"Ohio State may be a morally compromised football factory, but they're OUR morally compromised football factory. Go Buckeyes."  

Old school college hoops was crazy, man. My dad grew up in LA and was a Trojan fan, he used to talk about the 71 team going 24-2 and missing the tournament all the time.