Seen any good movies lately?

Orange

Took the kids to see it last night, and enjoyed it. My 5 yo is still singing King Louie song. But there was a few things I wasn't a fan of in the movie, like whoever they cast to be the voice of Beulah, but that's probably because it was so much diffrent than the voice we are all use to. It was almost like Star Wars bringing back Vader, but having Gary Sinice as the voice. But overall very entertaining.

You mean Baloo the bear?  It was Bill Murray.  Who has a problem with Bill Murray???

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son turns 4 in a month.  Might be a tough sell to keep him in the theater for the whole thing.  But I think a little frightening stuff in movies (provided it's not over the top) is occasionally good for kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Keanu.  Pretty damned funny, particularly Key's dream sequences with George Michael, and most any scene where the kitten is running in slow motion and dodging bullets, particularly while Michael's "Freedom" is blaring.  Watching the two guys transition from thug to "white guys" was a good sketch....less amazing for a movie.  

Or maybe I was just too high.

Saw Keanu.  Pretty damned funny, particularly Key's dream sequences with George Michael, and most any scene where the kitten is running in slow motion and dodging bullets, particularly while Michael's "Freedom" is blaring.  Watching the two guys transition from thug to "white guys" was a good sketch....less amazing for a movie.  

Or maybe I was just too high.

I'm sorry, what??

Saw Catain America, while a fun movie, I wouldn't say it's great or anything. I'd say a 3.5 out of 5*.

I consider myself kind of a closet comic book nerd, and it's mainly from just googling shit all day long about it, but this movie disappointed me on so many levels. Spiderman was perfect and they nailed that very well, but the movie to me was rushed, and to call it a "Civil War" when in all fairness should've been "Civil Disagreement" was a stretch. The book was way more intense and worthy of them waiting to do that movie rather than rushing it. 

The Russo brothers are talented, but if they're going to direct the Infinity Wars and have around 70-80 confirmed MCU characters, then they've gotta do a much better job. 

90% from critics, 91% from audiences, and it's already grossed a billion.

Is there MAYBE a chance you guys are just spoiled?

Without question. 

"Still....it could've been better"

-Spoiled Nerd

Archived