Orange

Seen any good movies lately?

azgreg    205
6 hours ago, Orange said:

I never was able to sit through Blade Runner (the original) in its entirety.  Is that required?

Knowledge of the basic concept of the original helps but that's it.

Mano    582
6 hours ago, Orange said:

I never was able to sit through Blade Runner (the original) in its entirety.  Is that required?

Just watched it all the way through for the first time the other day. Available for free on demand on xfinity (I am sure from many other sources as well).

Orange    1,150
On 10/10/2017 at 11:33 AM, Mano said:

Trailer looks pretty good:

Looks awesome.

A few thoughts:

1. What, did Luke's fleshy hand rot away or something?  You mean to tell me they had better prosthetic technology 37 years ago?  Did a Donald Trumpian figure take over the Empire and cut healthcare to the galaxy?

2. I hope Mark Hamill's acting doesn't ruin this. 

3. I have renewed sadness over Carrie Fisher's death.  How ironic she survives the films, but Harrison Ford -- indestructible in real life after multiple plane crashes, breaking his ankle on a door, etc. -- does not.  Harry's a man's man, even if if his pilot's license needs to be revoked.

4. The younger actors in this version of the franchise are PHENOMENAL.  So glad they've found actors with charisma, as that was basically the foundational weakness of Phantom Menace, et al.

5. Can someone remind me of the mystery regarding the girl's lineage?  Aren't there rumors that she's somehow related to a jedi or two?  Did I completely miss a reveal in Force Awakens?

Mano    582
35 minutes ago, Orange said:

Looks awesome.

A few thoughts:

1. What, did Luke's fleshy hand rot away or something?  You mean to tell me they had better prosthetic technology 37 years ago?  Did a Donald Trumpian figure take over the Empire and cut healthcare to the galaxy?

2. I hope Mark Hamill's acting doesn't ruin this. 

3. I have renewed sadness over Carrie Fisher's death.  How ironic she survives the films, but Harrison Ford -- indestructible in real life after multiple plane crashes, breaking his ankle on a door, etc. -- does not.  Harry's a man's man, even if if his pilot's license needs to be revoked.

4. The younger actors in this version of the franchise are PHENOMENAL.  So glad they've found actors with charisma, as that was basically the foundational weakness of Phantom Menace, et al.

5. Can someone remind me of the mystery regarding the girl's lineage?  Aren't there rumors that she's somehow related to a jedi or two?  Did I completely miss a reveal in Force Awakens?

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Who-Rey-Parents-Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-39514428

We don't really know, part of the mystery.

glduck    1,431

indeed it does.

based on nothing other than a lone trailer, I have high hopes for The New Mutants. it's a lame graphic novel concept (the next generation of mutants, after the x-men) but Fox rebranded it as a quasi-horror movie and the trailer looked great/.