2021 Baseball/Softball

glduck

Interested in how the selection committee plays out compared to softball. In softball, we had a top 10 RPI and SOS but didn’t host. In baseball, we end the regular season #16 in RPI and a SOS of #50.

Stanford is #14 and #34, respectively, and beat us 2-1, so they should naturally be in line to host over us. May come down to whether or not the committee wants to reward a 3rd Pac-12 team or a 9th SEC team.

Surprised they didn’t line any of us up together in the Supers. That’s always a fun way to limit the number of west coast teams advancing.

Gonzaga and LSU! Going to be a fun Eugene Regional. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, glduck said:

Surprised they didn’t line any of us up together in the Supers. That’s always a fun way to limit the number of west coast teams advancing.

Gonzaga and LSU! Going to be a fun Eugene Regional. 

Do you get to go to any?

3 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Do you get to go to any?

I may look into Saturday to see the Gonzaga/LSU winner. I went in 2012 and 2013 and the postseason atmosphere was a lot of fun. 

Oregon wins 13-10 in game 1 of the Eugene Regional. Another troubling start by our Saturday guy, who’s been slumping of late. Something to keep an eye on, IF we advance.

Winner of Gonzaga/LSU tomorrow. 

I figured Garcia got POTY kind of like Ally Carda got it a few years ago, she wasn’t the best hitter in the league and she wasn’t the best pitcher but she was top 5 in each and the best overall talent.

I dont think she was the best pitcher this year, but she probably was the second best. The best pitcher is in this game however

But today, it's hard to see what is worse, our defense, our lack of hitting, shitty coaching, or Garcia getting lit up. It's probably in that order TBH