2021 PAC12 football

Scorcho

This is partly who develops talent, but also who attracts (and in some cases buys) the talent with the most devlopmental up-side.  It also relyies the NFL draft as a measure of talent, even though some players are killer-great at the college level, but not a great fit for the pros.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/7/2021 at 1:39 PM, glduck said:

Did something happen? That’s bonkers.

The coming out party of Lewis for the Buffs in the Alamo Bowl.  Noyer didn't practice this spring due to his shoulder and I'm guessing either Lewis or Shrout crushed it in spring drills this year which allowed Dorrell to tell Noyer he was expendable.  There was also a sideline spat between Noyer & Dorrell last season so maybe that was a factor too.

3 hours ago, clpp01 said:

I'm fine with 12, if we are going to watch Alabama and Clemson clown stop everyone every season might as well increase the field so we can watch someone other then Oklahoma getting their ass handed to them.

This is where I’m at. Non-playoff bowl games are reaching nigh-unwatchable status. I find I’ll skip most non-Pac-12 NY6 bowls, too. Wisconsin vs Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl? Eh. No thanks.

If this adds to the postseason drama, I’m on board. I’ve been an 8-team playoff proponent from back in the BCS era, where the six power conference champions and two at-larges made the most sense to me. 8 is still my preference, but I won’t kick 12 out of bed.

3 hours ago, EastCoastFan said:

I'm okay with twelve, as long as it's not what it might be -- five P5 chamions, the top G5 team, and the remaining six all from the SEC.

You know that is what's coming. And, the CBS article says P5 champions won't even be guaranteed a spot. I will be watching for the the first opportunity to leave out the Pac12 champ. This 12 team setup seems significantly fishier than the straight-forward 8 teams would have been.

George Wrighster swung for the fences and whiffed hard on a recent Oregon coaching search, can’t remember if he was the guy guaranteeing Willie Taggart would stay in Eugene or if he was claiming Chip coming back was a done deal; either way, I remember his sources being, uh, questionable.

1 hour ago, Scorcho said:

its cryptic tweet season

Somebody is going to be shocked to see that they are actually relevant enough to "ruin legacies, and impact the balance of power out west"

In today's environment would a school getting #MeToo'd or finding out that someone was funneling money to players really be a landscape changer?

Archived