Game of Thrones/TV thread

MrBug708

Ah, he is not Ned Stark's bastard -- it will be interesting if that's a departure from the books.  No way would Robert have let him keep a T alive (especially a male) & there was a lot of time spent on a broken love affair while away at war.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Or one gets killed.

yes, I read (actually listened to) the books but it's getting to be a long time ago ...

still waiting for lady stoneheart to make an appearance

Once Arya took out the Frey's the need for her disappeared. She was with the brotherhood without banners and their story has passed the point of usefulness south of the wall

26 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Ah, he is not Ned Stark's bastard -- it will be interesting if that's a departure from the books.  No way would Robert have let him keep a T alive (especially a male) & there was a lot of time spent on a broken love affair while away at war.

The books essentially painted the picture that Jon Snow was Lyanna's and Rheagar's child, so the story line is true. The reason Lyanna made Ned promise was to protect Jon Snow from the death by Robert's hand and Lyanna knew it. So Ned took it on the chin from his wife and it made it more believable that it was his bastard, when it was really his nephew.  So everyone had to believe JS was NEd's kid so Robert wouldn't do much. And Jon Snow looks 100% like a Stark, which was why Catelyn hated him even more. Jon Snow and Arya were the ones who looked Start while the others looked like Tully's, the house of Catelyn.

14 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

The books essentially painted the picture that Jon Snow was Lyanna's and Rheagar's child, so the story line is true. The reason Lyanna made Ned promise was to protect Jon Snow from the death by Robert's hand and Lyanna knew it. So Ned took it on the chin from his wife and it made it more believable that it was his bastard, when it was really his nephew.  So everyone had to believe JS was NEd's kid so Robert wouldn't do much. And Jon Snow looks 100% like a Stark, which was why Catelyn hated him even more. Jon Snow and Arya were the ones who looked Start while the others looked like Tully's, the house of Catelyn.

He might look like a stark, but Ned had brown hair not dark hair like Lyonna.  Pay attention this week.

Never have i been so fucking confused and interested at the same time.

So, to sum up, Jon Snow in the books is a rightful heir, and NOT Nedard's son to some other lady?

But in the show...he is?  Or was there a scene somewhere that I should've paid attention to that would suggest there will be a reveal later?

Please help.  I'm losing my mind with this show.

Don't feel bad for blinking and missing it.

it was the combo of two scenes:

1) when bran was time shifting (last season?) & watched Ned take a baby from his dying sister. That baby was Jon snow.

2 where Sam & Gilly were talking last week & she was reading what seemed like a inconsequential story & Sam interrupted and said, "screw it - we're out of here".

well, that story was the clue of who the baby's father was -- daenerys targaryen's  older brother.  Which is why the dragon let John pet it: he's 1/2 targaryen and half stark, but not by Ned.

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

Don't feel bad for blinking and missing it.

it was the combo of two scenes:

1) when bran was time shifting (last season?) & watched Ned take a baby from his dying sister. That baby was Jon snow.

2 where Sam & Gilly were talking last week & she was reading what seemed like a inconsequential story & Sam interrupted and said, "screw it - we're out of here".

well, that story was the clue of who the baby's father was -- daenerys targaryen's  older brother.  Which is why the dragon let John pet it: he's 1/2 targaryen and half stark, but not by Ned.

ooooookay now I remember the flashback scene with the young Ned.  

I completely missed the dialogue between Sam & Gilly regarding bastards, targaryens and starks, oh my.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Never have i been so fucking confused and interested at the same time.

So, to sum up, Jon Snow in the books is a rightful heir, and NOT Nedard's son to some other lady?

But in the show...he is?  Or was there a scene somewhere that I should've paid attention to that would suggest there will be a reveal later?

Please help.  I'm losing my mind with this show.

2 minutes ago, glduck said:

bran: i'm the 3-eyed raven.

arya: i skin people's faces and then become them.

sansa: oooo-kay we gotta have a family meeting you two are fucking weird now.

I was hoping when she was bragging about winning the battle of the bastards, Arya would have said "yeah, but I personally murdered every member of house Frey.  What you think of that?"

Archived