Utes win another national championship in skiing

Mano

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Is this like speed skiing?

Look, I snowboard, but I can't imagine understanding how a team does it competitively.  Do they have a contest to see who can ski and serve beer the fastest? 

You have never watched the winter Olympics? These are all races, downhill, slalom, giant slalom, etc.

You are trying to hard to diss this.

They eyes of the world are on Utah's ski team.  On Colorado's, too.  Why?  Fear of what might be brewing on our mountains.  The Beijing 2022 XXIV Olympic Winter Games are a world event.  Pac-12 pride.  (The emphasis is on the twelve in contrast to recent discussions.) 

3 minutes ago, EastCoastFan said:

They eyes of the world are on Utah's ski team.  On Colorado's, too.  Why?  Fear of what might be brewing on our mountains.  The Beijing 2022 XXIV Olympic Winter Games are a world event.  Pac-12 pride.  (The emphasis is on the twelve in contrast to recent discussions.) 

If we go to that Olympics.  I haven't seen any rumors of a possible boycott of those games but that can't be ruled out.

6 hours ago, Orange said:

Those are individual medals.

They also have team results.

You seem to be unaware of team results for individual sports.

Swimming and diving, tennis, gymnastics, golf, skating, boxing, wrestling  etc, team results are all foreign concepts?

I get that you aren't into skiing, but don't be willfully ignorant, you are better than that.  

On 3/24/2021 at 8:35 PM, Mano said:

They also have team results.

You seem to be unaware of team results for individual sports.

Swimming and diving, tennis, gymnastics, golf, skating, boxing, wrestling  etc, team results are all foreign concepts?

I get that you aren't into skiing, but don't be willfully ignorant, you are better than that.  

I was mostly making fun.  Mainly because there are like a handful of ski teams in the entire country, so it strikes me as one of the more meaningless nat'l championships.

PS: I snowboard.

• 1 month later...

Archived