117th Congress

Orange

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, glduck said:

Jan 6 Commission approved by a 54-35 margin but oh wait, the 35 wins the vote because our system of government is broken.

Joe Manchin will express concern and then continue to say stupid bullshit about the filibuster.

The left cheering on Texas legislators who thwarted the will of the majority and criticizing Senators who did the same on the same issue.  The right cheering on the success of the filibuster but criticizing the Dem legislators who didn’t show up for the vote.  \_(ツ)_/¯ 

I’m with the Dems on both votes but the hypocrisy over process issues is mind numbing.

21 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

The left cheering on Texas legislators who thwarted the will of the majority and criticizing Senators who did the same on the same issue.  The right cheering on the success of the filibuster but criticizing the Dem legislators who didn’t show up for the vote.  \_(ツ)_/¯ 

I’m with the Dems on both votes but the hypocrisy over process issues is mind numbing.

If you ignore process and look at substantive issues, you wouldn't be both-sidesing this shit.

Republicans want to end Democracy.  Democrats want to save it.  You should be cheering loud and hard for only one side.

Also, what "majority" in Texas is the left overruling?  Majority of representatives from openly and proudly gerrymandered districts?

Fuck that majority.  More than half of all Americans, by a long shot, support making voting easier, not harder.  They also support a higher minimum wage, forgiving student-loan debt, M4A, most of the Green New Deal, etc.

The filibuster is preventing us from doing the very things we need to do to keep Americans from dying and/or falling into economic chaos.  The argument that "oh if you get rid of the filibuster, the GOP will make life hell" is stupid.  WTF have they been doing for 40 years?  Trickle-down economics, restricting abortion rights, starting pointless wars, appointing ideologues to every level of the federal bench, etc.   All with damn-near silent consent from democrats too obsessed with "playing by the rules."

I say scrap the entire constitution and start over.  Fuck the senate, fuck the EC, fuck our founding documents.  They suck.  Pack the court, ram laws through.  Shit's real right now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-57169003

"So with that resilience we could potentially prevent a collapse if we curb carbon emissions and get a good grip on atmospheric warming. But what I would say is that Larsen C is probably as vulnerable as it's ever been in terms of the last 10,000 years because it's likely at the thinnest it's ever been over that period," he told BBC News. 

Joe Manchin is a power-hungry, disingenuous piece of shit.  One vote against the filibuster, and the Jan. 6th commission moves forward.  HE'S putting politics ahead of voting rights, and our democracy.

On 3/22/2021 at 8:40 AM, Orange said:

Let's get that DC Statehood!

DC pays more federal taxes than 22 states.  Yet no Senators, and no Congressional voting rights.

That is bullshit.  

I think DC should have full elected representation in the Senate and the House after annexed by Virginia or Maryland.

Archived