New Commish ... George Kliavkoff

row Z

I like the hire, until I don't. 😃

I don't think you need a commissioner that's been knee deep in college athletics for decades, like some have stressed. Clearly, the most critical need for this conference is to get the media deals straightened out and figure out what the best course is for the P12 network. All the other stuff is just fluff.

giphy.gif

another gratuitous Moe Greene reference

23 hours ago, Scorcho said:

I like the hire, until I don't. 😃

I don't think you need a commissioner that's been knee deep in college athletics for decades, like some have stressed. Clearly, the most critical need for this conference is to get the media deals straightened out and figure out what the best course is for the P12 network. All the other stuff is just fluff.

giphy.gif

another gratuitous Moe Greene reference

I would have used consultants for the media side and hired a commissioner to handle sports.

• 10 months later...

https://www.ksl.com/article/50377718/pac-12-moving-out-of-san-francisco-remote-work-option-will-save-millions-help-employees

This seems like a good, forward thinking move.

The Pac-12 on Tuesday announced it's leaving downtown San Francisco next year when its lease expires.

Where's the new headquarters? Nowhere. There will be no conference office in the traditional sense, only a facility for content production.

Most employees will be allowed to work in fully remote fashion, a move that will save millions in rent annually and generate additional revenue for the campuses.

The conference office has been in San Francisco for a decade and spent tens of millions of dollars on rent.

According to a news release, the decision is "designed to provide Pac-12 staff with the benefits of work flexibility while also envisioning regular opportunities for employees to come together in person within the Pac-12 geographic footprint, including at Pac-12 campuses to foster greater collaboration with member universities."

My boss gave out $1k xmas bonuses back in 2005 and 2006.  Last time I got a bonus it was a pen.

A pen.

All bosses have continued to drain employees and offer nothing in return.  Shit ain't unusual, and it will only get worse.

• 4 months later...

Archived