Predict your teams record

Mano

Hard to buy out a guy in the middle of a pandemic when you are already hemorrhaging money — after he goes undefeated in the shortened regular season & is about to sign the #1 player in the country.

Sure you could fire and hire a whole new staff but how is that transition going to go? 

Remember Dec/Jan/Feb were the major pre-vax covid surge. 

I don't like Helton but I can certainly understand why Bohn stayed put.   He inherited this mess but the next hire is his.  He needs to get it right.  Wait & See

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2021 at 11:52 AM, row Z said:

8-4.  I feel like UW might be underdogs against Michigan, Oregon, ASU, and Utah. Beyond that, i can easily see UW tripping up against Cal, Stanford and UCLA. 

Washington does not play Utah this year unless both make CCG.

On 8/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, row Z said:

8-4.  I feel like UW might be underdogs against Michigan, Oregon, ASU, and Utah. Beyond that, i can easily see UW tripping up against Cal, Stanford and UCLA. 

I think an argument can be made that UW is better than Michigan and Oregon. They won't go 12-0 but 10 wins wouldn't shock me. 

On 8/20/2021 at 1:42 PM, Mano said:

Washington does not play Utah this year unless both make CCG.

Well, I’m a moron. I thought we were in for another slug fest with Utah, but we dodge you this year. That actually improves their chances a little. 

On 8/20/2021 at 9:50 PM, dtd said:

I think an argument can be made that UW is better than Michigan and Oregon. They won't go 12-0 but 10 wins wouldn't shock me. 

Fair point. I think that 10-2 is the “realistic” best case. Every game on the schedule is objectively winnable, but stringing together 11 or 12 wins is rare without a dominant team, and I don’t think UW will be dominant. 

On 8/21/2021 at 11:13 AM, Scscsc89 said:

I think that could be very true for many of our teams.   I think we may have a lot of good teams but no great one.

This has been the case for pretty much the entire Pac 12 era. It is why the Pac 12 has struggled to field a CFP team.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:39 PM, utenation said:

So based on our predictions here, looks like another year with no CFP..  Maybe if USC, Oregon, ASU or Utah catch lightening in a bottle but like every year, parity will likely be our parasite in 2021.

If Oregon pulls off the OSU upset or even keeps it close I think they run the table after that.

On 8/21/2021 at 12:45 PM, azgreg said:

If Oregon pulls off the OSU upset or even keeps it close I think they run the table after that.

I like that we have Oregon in SLC but I have them as one of Utah's losses. If they can avoid the head scratcher P12 parity losses, they could definitely make a run. 

Washington might be getting overlooked too.. Early. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 11:49 AM, Scscsc89 said:

9-3

i was going to take 8-4 but Helton always does just enough to stay

Stanford, Wazzu, Oregon State and Colorado are comfortable wins, giving the Trojans a 5-0 start.

Utah could be a tough opponent, but playing at home, I give USC the win (6-0)

ND on the road will be too tough of a challenge (a loss, 6-1).

USC rebounds with a big win over AZ.  But on the road against AZ State could be a trap game.  I'm going 1-1 with these two games (7-2).

Cal is an easy win, and UCLA will be a close game, but a win.  Add an easy win over BYU and the Trojans finish at (10-2).

After they win the South, they win Conference Championship, finishing 11-2.

I said on these boards, two years ago, that USC was a program that was improving and heading in the right direction.  With all of the whining that fans have thrown at Helton, he has, in fact, been building the program back to a high standard - and that takes time.

Archived