Predict your teams record

Mano

On 8/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, utenation said:

So based on our predictions here, looks like another year with no CFP..  Maybe if USC, Oregon, ASU or Utah catch lightening in a bottle but like every year, parity will likely be our parasite in 2021.

Nailed it!  LOL!

Parity isn't just good teams are beating up on other good teams.  It can also mean bad teams beating up on other bad teams, or average teams beating up on other average teams - which is the type of parity that the PAC12 seems to have more of.

The PAC12's poor performance in OOC games is their nemesis.  Oh I forgot, UCLA beat an LSU team that might win six games.  But don't be surprised if Fresno State beats UCLA.

The PAC12's best chance is Oregon beating Ohio State and running the table, finishing 13-0.  And there's nothing I would like to see more, than Oregon beating Ohio State.  But I don't see that happening.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, row Z said:

Well, I’m a moron. I thought we were in for another slug fest with Utah, but we dodge you this year. That actually improves their chances a little. 

They needed to get past Montana, first.

On 8/21/2021 at 1:45 PM, Scscsc89 said:

The funny thing is that as the Pac-12 tries to shed parity, the SEC is moving towards it.

In 1992, the SEC moved to a two division conference with a conference championship game to be played at the end of the regular season.

Everyone thought they were crazy, and proclaimed that the SEC would never win a NC, because they would eliminate themselves from consideration.

In truth, the exact opposite happened.

Eventually, all other conferences saw the benefit and began to follow suit.

Adding more conference games, conference semi-final games, to go along with a conference championship will only improve their stock.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:36 PM, row Z said:

Yeah. Everything is up for reevaluation now. UW could lose to anyone and everyone. Biggest surprise i have experienced as a UW fan.  

These types of losses are certainly head scratchers.  I know the feeling.  When you have a team that is bigger, stronger, and faster, it doesn't make sense that that team doesn't simply go out and run the ball - pound and ground - the lesser opponent into submission.

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2021 at 4:15 PM, utenation said:

This is where I'm at too.  We can't ever beat SC in LA. So there's a loss. I like that Oregon and ASU are in SLC, but I'd say we drop one of those. And yep, the Stanford game is a maybe too.

UCLA might have figured a few things out last year but they struggle in SLC.. Curious to see if the Chip magic has arrived.

Always interesting to look back. I was with Mano on 10-2. With losses to USC and either ASU or Oregon. I was close on record but certainly not correct on the teams.  Stanford and USC proved to be terrible.  Didn't expect to beat Oregon like that. Not to mention, lose to BYU and SDSU.. We rarely lose OOC games and have had BYU's number for over a decade.

We are who our record is but I'd like to see Cam Rising as the starter in the BYU and SDSU games. Cam came in cold against SDSU after Brewer was benched and dug us out of a huge hole to take the game to triple OT.. We lost by a fingernail. I think the BYU game would have been better too. But our loss against OSU was just a defensive nightmare even with Rising playing. We got whipped in the trenches that day.

BYU and SDSU are ranked pretty high so it's not like we shit the bed against shitty teams. OSU is much improved this year even with some late season stumbles.

Archived