Week 2

glduck

On 9/12/2021 at 1:35 AM, Scscsc89 said:

Well, if we are going to lose, might as well make them 20-point losses to make it easier to usher out the Clay Helton era.  🤷🏻‍♂️

After this loss, I'm on board with replacing Helton.  I stuck with him and thought this season may be the year they win the PAC12, and pick up 10-11 wins.  But not after this dismal performance.  Change is in order.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2021 at 1:17 PM, HLB said:

You left out - AZ State vs. UNLV

USC, Utah and AZ State will win.

Colorado, Cal and Washington will lose.

AZ, Oregon State and Wazzu should win, but I think they will lose.

Oregon has a slight chance to beat Ohio State (which I hope happens), but I'm not expecting them to do so.

Once again, the PAC12's OOC results are going to be woeful and play a key role in keeping them out of the CFB Playoffs.

Well .... I missed USC and Utah.  Apparently their not what so many thought they would be.  AZ did lose but Oregon State and Wazzu won (like they should have).

Thankfully Oregon knocked off Ohio State, and looked good in doing so.

A few random thoughts on W2:

Very on brand of Stanford to shit the bed against a so-so non-conference opener and then go on a run. They should never, ever play anyone with a pulse in week one.

I’m so confused about the Sam Noyer situation. I mean, CU wins that game if Noyer is still there, right? Jalapeño made it seem like Dorrell ran Noyer off because there was “no way” he’d be able to beat out this new kid. That’s just straight nonsense, right?

THAT SAID, Noyer is NOT better than Chance Nolan, and Tanner McKee is a lot better than Jack West. What went on in the off-season in Corvallis and Palo Alto?? It took all of two minutes of game time to realize those programs went with the wrong QBs in week one. 

On 9/12/2021 at 5:01 AM, HLB said:

I discussed this before, to which everyone on these threads balked - but the PAC12 attendance is dismal. 

To be fair, there's a lot more competition for the entertainment dollar in PAC-12 country than in SEC country. In SEC country you have two options, football or cousin fucking. Which one are you? You don't need to answer, we all know the answer, it's both.

Utah seems to have some major issues on offensive line and at receiver. Defense had some lapses containing mobile QB, giving up several key third down conversions. Team seemed completely unprepared for BYU's pressure defense, which they did not play against Arizona. They were outcoached and outplayed, kudos to BYU on a dominant performance,

I am hoping that the Utes can correct the issues, but I am obviously less bullish on the season. A 5th place finish in the south is likely without improvement.

On 9/12/2021 at 4:25 PM, Scorcho said:

maybe a brutal loss in week 2 makes you focus, prepare and work harder, or maybe it simply means you've got big problems? I dont know which it is with Utah.

We don't have a good QB or a good offensive line. Other than that we're very mediocre.

We are talent deficient.

On 9/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, azgreg said:

To be fair, there's a lot more competition for the entertainment dollar in PAC-12 country than in SEC country. In SEC country you have two options, football or cousin fucking. Which one are you? You don't need to answer, we all know the answer, it's both.

Poor excuse.

There's as much entertainment in Nashville, Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa, Orlando, and  other cities, as there is in LA, San Fran, Phoenix, Seattle, Portland and Salt Lake - if not more.  It's obvious that you've never been to SEC country. 

As for pokin' your cousin, I apologize if I'm cutting in on your action.

On 9/13/2021 at 12:37 AM, HLB said:

Poor excuse.

There's as much entertainment in Nashville, Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa, Orlando, and  other cities, as there is in LA, San Fran, Phoenix, Seattle, Portland and Salt Lake - if not more.  It's obvious that you've never been to SEC country. 

Agreed (although can’t comment on the cousin part).  There is plenty to do down there.  CFB just matters more down there, it’s ingrained deep in the culture.  It’s just not important out here.

On 9/12/2021 at 10:13 AM, glduck said:

Very on brand of Stanford to shit the bed against a so-so non-conference opener and then go on a run. They should never, ever play anyone with a pulse in week one.

I’m so confused about the Sam Noyer situation. I mean, CU wins that game if Noyer is still there, right? Jalapeño made it seem like Dorrell ran Noyer off because there was “no way” he’d be able to beat out this new kid. That’s just straight nonsense, right?

THAT SAID, Noyer is NOT better than Chance Nolan, and Tanner McKee is a lot better than Jack West. What went on in the off-season in Corvallis and Palo Alto?? It took all of two minutes of game time to realize those programs went with the wrong QBs in week one. 

Not sure on if they win or not.  That A&M d is really, really good.  I am not sure Noyer wouldn’t have won the job, however he had two quarterbacks to compete with.  Unfortunately JT Shrout (transfer from Tenn) blew his knee out in practice.  Our osding offense is anemic, I just am not sure if it is the OC or Lewis.  You just have to throw the ball downfield once in a while….especially when the D is playing well.

I am ok with the 12th year senior moving on, however would like to see the freshman push the ball.

On 9/12/2021 at 11:37 PM, HLB said:

Poor excuse.

lol, did you really include Tampa and Orlando in your list?  Those are basically soon-to-be flooded strip malls.

But I agree, if you can include the hurricanes, tornadoes and willful spreading of COVID, southern cities provide great fun.

On 9/12/2021 at 9:13 AM, glduck said:

Sam Noyer threw a dozen ducks over receivers' heads in week 1.  I agree, I cannot fathom how he beat out Nolan in camp.

On 9/13/2021 at 12:46 PM, Orange said:

lol, did you really include Tampa and Orlando in your list?  Those are basically soon-to-be flooded strip malls.

But I agree, if you can include the hurricanes, tornadoes and willful spreading of COVID, southern cities provide great fun.

Again - you're showing you've never been to the South. 

Tampa and Orlando - home of Disney World, Busch Gardens, and a several other theme parks, along with professional football, baseball, hockey, and basketball.  Then there are the many golf courses, saltwater fishing, and freshwater fishing, tennis, etc.

It has been a vacation destination for millions of people, every year.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:15 PM, HLB said:

Again - you're showing you've never been to the South. 

Tampa and Orlando - home of Disney World, Busch Gardens, and a several other theme parks, along with professional football, baseball, hockey, and basketball.  Then there are the many golf courses, saltwater fishing, and freshwater fishing, tennis, etc.

It has been a vacation destination for millions of people, every year.

And Seattle, Portland, San Fran and LA have clean air, incredible views, amazing weather, no tornados, no hurricanes, and metropolitan downtown districts.

I've been to Orlando.  It's a shitshow.  A white trash zoo.  Disney World is a vacation for people who don't know how to vacation.  Haven't been to Tampa.  Heard great things.  🙄

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2021/03/10/it-shouldnt-be-so-dangerous-to-walk-in-florida-or-tampa-bay-editorial/

Oh look who tops the list!

Archived